View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Barb V

Hi Well here is a little bit about Barbara
I was born in Wisconsin, and moved to Maine when I was a freshmen in High School. Graduated with the class of '59 from Mount Merici Acadeny in Waterville, Me.
Moved to New Hampshire in 1965 where I met my husband. Was married in 1966 and 2 years later had our son. Moved back to Wisconsin in 1971 and 2 years later had a daughter. Both are married, and my daughter has 3 children 2 boys 9 and 7 and a girl who will be 5 tomorrow. I was always a stay at home Mom, so had plenty of time for crafts. I started sewing clothes when I was 16. I followed in my Mom's foot steps. I knit, crochet and started quilting in 1982. I took a couple of years off from quilting when I was doing tole painting. Now I have been back steady quilting for 5 years. I made 1 queen size sampler quilt which I use for a bed spread. I am working on my second queen quilt which is almost finished. I plan on making each of my grandchildren a quilt for when they get married. The second o ne is all cut out waiting to me batted. It is a YBR. Still have my eye open for the third pattern I want to make. I do all hand quilting. I bought a new machine 3 years ago so I could give it a try with machine quilting, but still never tried. I find it so relaxing sitting and hand stitching. I have made 20 or so wallhangings. Also made myself a jacket 2 years ago.
Guess that's my story, as is!! :lol: