View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Grinster

I went to the featherweight maintainance class yesterday at my LQS. It was so informative and hands on! There were 10 of us, all had sweet FW's with different birthdays but we drooled over all of them alike! We took the machines apart and cleaned, oiled and lubricated every nook and cranny including messing with the bobbin case and replaced our belts. Our teachers were very helpful and we left feeling very capable of taking care of our machines. Bill was the instructor at my table along with Steve the hubby of the Quilt Shop Owner. We laughed and learned! To see a class overview go to Bill's website: www.featherweightcare.com
My little Emma or is it Penny (can't make up my mind) is sparkling and purring right along! Oh, for the moldy smelling case. Wipe out the case with equal parts of bleach and water and set in out in direct sun on a very hot day. Do this 3 times and then spray it with a antibacterial spray. It is the mold spores that make it smell! Thanks to all of you for encouraging me to take this class. It was definitely worth it!