Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Ok I have a question. With all the talk about old Singers I decided to check to see what more I could find out about mine. It is a Singer and I was told by a LQS who looked up the serial number that it is a 1950's reproduction of an 1850's model. so I went online to the Singer site. This serial number has an upside down v before the number L236839. On their site they divide the numbers into one letter or two. I was unsure if the upside down V was actually an A or a V. I looked it up both ways and neither one seems right. There are no single letter Ls with the right numbers. And the double numbers AL were made in 32. so I don't know what to think. Got any ideas?
Okay Rhonda the LQS has not an idea as to what they are talking about!! But they are a quilting shop not a repair shop so that fairly understandable that they would not get it right.

No biggie I have the info on my HD so here we go! You machine is a Singer Model 15 and there were 50,000 of them allotted on Dec 18, 1952. It is not a reproduction it is a standard factory model.

The decal design that you have is called "Triplets" and they were offered on the 15K and 15-91. Which is one of the most sought after Model 15's that Singer came out with.

I hope this helps

Billy