Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
I have heard you can convert them to side mount. Is this hard to do?
Glenn
You can convert them I have not tried this yet but from what I understand you can take the lug for the back clamp off and you then can use the side clamp attachments. But I am not sure of this.

What you could do is find the presser foot bar for a 66 side clamp and swap them out and then you in like Flint. Not hard to do but the attachments are not as rare and hard to come by as people think.

I am looking for a full set for mine but the ones I have seen were a little more than what I was willing to pay. Personally I would keep it like it is but thats just me. Goodwill, eBay or CL will probably be your best bet in finding the accessories that your looking for.

Oh and I have never named any of my machines although I think its neat that folks do do that. But its just not my cup of tea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok..as promised...I've posted pics of my vintage machines in other posts (check my profile for topics I've started, one is titled "I think he loves me!" and the other one is titled "Look what followed me home!" for my two "good" treadles, a Singer 9W and a Wheeler & Wilson #8. My Kenmore is shown in "Hey Machine Experts!"
And I like it!!! You have some wonderful machines Charlee and this one can be a really nice one too! We need to hit the Smithsonian web site for info on your machine the link is:

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...wing-Machines/

If anyone want to spend hours on end looking up things about vintage machines this is the place to find original literature, catalogs and inter office memos.

Billy

Billy