Thread: ideas please
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Barbm

I'll take pics tonight. I ended up making a 4 patch alternating with a square, then a sashing, then a crumb block. I thought it was looking cool until the 3rd row when I thought- hmmm, I'm eyeballing these rows, they could be off line. So I get the brilliant idea to line them up with my ruler. Guess what- my eyeball is better than using the ruler. So I set it aside to try to get some UFOs done, a baby quilt I finished yesterday. I'm working on future DIL's flip flop quilt and wanted to get it done this week, but I just started the applique on the first block so it won't be done. But I have the strips between and the border ready.

Then I started the Sunnbonnet Sue blocks for my other quilt, they alternate with crumb blocks. This will be for my Mom's side of the family reunion. The 6 I did so far (minus applique) are soooo cute. I'm going to have a hard time to give this one up. :)

I'll take some pics tonight and post them. The first quilt is my "butt ugly" quilt- I already named it, because it certainly is. I will finish it, I just don't like it. I figure it will get used somewhere. Who knows- maybe when it gets bigger it won't be so ugly.

Thanks for asking about the progress!