Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
BKinCO
Banned

I shudder to think of the many, many treadles my in-laws had hanging around there house. I know I saw a least a half dozen.........one was outside & MIL used it as a potting bench. I used to always tell my dh that I wanted them ALL when people started kicking off :) No such luck.........the house was sold, lock, stock and barrel and some lucky coot got all those machines :(

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BKinCO
Just wanted to hijack and say thanks to all of you for posting pictures of your machines. I'm not into antique machines...(yet.............. :roll: ) but I sure do like to look at them. Thanks for sharing!!!
~grin~ I think you're already hooked! I started with, "I want a treadle because they look cool!" Found one in an antique store last October, almost bought it then, but put it off...the whole "finances" thing. A few months ago, William went back and bought it for me! :) (That's Hannah, the Singer 9W) I was happy, spent a fortune on needles for her because they're obsolete, and happily went about sewing Dear Jane blocks on her. Then a few weeks ago, we stumbled on Edna, that beautiful Wheeler & Wilson #8! Couldn't believe the price on her, and William gave up some of his fishing trip money to get her home! Then there's Hazel...poor Hazel....I couldn't let her be turned into a plant stand, and a good thing! She's another Wheeler & Wilson, a D-9 (the Singer 9W is the same basic machine, made at the same plant after Singer bought out W&W)
I don't see an end in sight... :lol: