Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Gerbie

baubo 1234,
Wishing you God's Blessings for your surgery and recovery. Just think postive and turn it all over to God, He has such broad shoulders and will take care of all things. I had a total thyroidectomy last summer. When I found out I had nodules on one of my thyroids, I was told by my Dr. that I had choices, leave it alone , take med. from now on and hope it turns out o.k., or have surgery. I was always feeling so tired and listless, but before I decided to have surgery, I made up my mind that I must turn it over to God and let Him handle everything. In my prayers I just talked to Him and ask Him to take care of it, telling Him I knew His shoulders are broader than mine and I wanted Him to stay in charge. Like I could really tell Him what do do. But my faith is strong enough that I quit worring about everything. When I had the surgery, the Dr. found one of the thyroids was diseased and not working at all and they found cancer in it, so both were removed. Well just as I was going in for surgery, the anesthologist came in and ask me if he needed to give me anything. I looked at him and told him I surely hoped he was going to give me something before they cut my throat, he laughed and said, "Oh, I will then, but I mean do I need me to give you anything now to calm your nerves, but then you don't seem to be nervous." I told him I wasn't and that I wasn't worried about anything, because it wasn't in his hands or the surgeron's, everything was in God's hands, because I had turned it all over to Him a long time ago. I came through fine, and go back in May for my next check up with the onocologist. I will have to have complete body scans for three or four years, but so far, everything has been o.k. Just do a lot of praying and let God take care of everything. You will be in my prayers. I lost my mother to lung and brain cancer in 1990, so I sorta know what you and especially your family are dealing with. Take care and we will be thinking of you. Try to make up as many things on your machine as you can before the surgery and leave a lot of hand work to do. Perhaps you can do a lot of cross stitching or something on a crazy quilt while you are recovering. Gerbie