View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Sandy Wood

It's interesting to read how you all started quilting. I started doing crafty things. First, I did cross stitching a baby quilt when my children were toddlers. Then, making witches for halloween and ornaments for christmas. Since my daughter started dance school when she was six, I had an idea that I wanted to make her a quilt with her dance pictures. Well, 11-years later, I decided I wanted to really do it - but where do I start? I only had 4-months to get it done-she was graduating. I knew nothing about quilting. I would check out all the quilts at all of the carnivals, etc, and be in awe. Well, one day I was taking a ride and there and behold --- a "Gone Quilting" store. My husband was with me and I literally did a uturn right there! - through 4 lanes of traffic - lol. I signed up for a beginners class to see if I was even capable. The quilt top came out pretty good, so I signed up for my second class. This class is where I learned to make the quilt for my daughter. I am now hand quilting it - I cannot believe the hours and hours and hours it is taking me, but well worth it. I posted pictures on the pictures section.