View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
JNCT14

OK - I am throwing my hat in this ring becasue I love to quilt and I believe that sewing in general is rapidly becoming a lost art (my 2 daughters refuse to learn :-(.My skill sets are in strip piecing, machine applique, any straight edge blocks, some quilt-as-you-go techniques and hand sewing (I do a combination of hand and machine quilting but my hand quilting is a bit unorthodox because I have carpal tunnel and I can't do a traditional rocking stitch). I am bad at curved piece quilt blocks and I can't always match seams on the straight edge blocks but I take the Amish viewpoint that only God creates perfection. HOWEVER - I can only answer email early in the morning or at 5pmish as my job is very demanding - and I don't do email at home. I am willing to repeat any techniques you are trying to do at home and I will take pictures to show the method. If I don't have an answer, I will research the question until I find an answer (depending BIG time on this forum!). So if someone is willing to live with the somewhat erratic responses (I will ALWAYS answer - but it may not be immediately), let me know through this forum and I will send you my email address.