View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by poultney
These are just beautiful!!!! And so cute!!!!! I love the ones with the quilts and chalk boards, so creative. I know making dolls are a lot of work. I made my children when they were small Raggedy Andy and Raggedy Ann. But if you had fun, that's what counts. I remember my mother making I think it was clowns from the air freshners years and years ago. She had them sitting everywhere and when someone came to visit, she would let them pick one. I think it's the kid in us that likes to make things like this, it's double enjoyment, you have fun making them and the person receiving it enjoys them. Sally
Thank you so much, poultney!!! Welcome to the board from VA! Yes, the dolls were loads of fun making and different accessories they hold make it interesting. Some of the spools from the necklaces were my emptied ones recycled (probably old too!) and other wooden spools were purchased. Chalk boards were purchased. Some faces were tea-dyed; others not. So yes they are much work but well worth the time spent to get the joy later. I laugh just looking at their pics as I had never photographed them before. Yes, it's the kid in all of us that touches us when we see them. So glad you enjoyed seeing my dolls and love them! Know your DM really enjoyed her working with them too! I think homemade dolls are irresistible! Thanks for looking! :thumbup: :thumbup: