View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM
katier825

I rarely complete one project start to finish uninterrupted. Usually only if I'm making a gift in a hurry. I was asked to make some purses, so I put my quilts aside until those are done. That way, I'll have money to replace some of my stash. :) I have a few ziploc bags of fabrics and patterns "staged" and ready to cut. I have a few tops that need either borders, sandwiching and/or quilting. I like to have things ready that I can grab and piece after work during the week that don't require alot of thinking (so I don't screw up if I'm tired). I don't have a dedicated sewing area, so I have to set up/tear down after each sewing session. I save the more time consuming parts for my days off. I'm taking a couple of days off next month and hope to get caught up on the actual quilting on as many as I can. I was thinking that this year, what I might do is assemble as many tops as I can during the summer, and save the quilting for when it cools down. It's hard to work under a quilt when it's 95 degrees out!