Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Whew....very active thread today! Just got caught up! Klue...I think how you described the posting of all the weekly threads is a good way to do it. I'm not sure admin will need to lock any of the threads as the ones that need to be active will be in the recent topics. The older ones will tend to fall down the list, but you could always find them by searching by the week...You will need to be consistent about how you post each week so we'll know how to search if we get behind (gee...who am I talking to?? :shock: ...geesh... :lol: :lol: )

I downloaded all your files....thank you so much! I do love the way your guild did the quilt and also how you are gonna do it....I'm still undecided about my layout...will be playing with it.

I did print out the 1st weeks block foundation patterns to practice!! Really scary for me!!! I guess I'll really be growing in my quilting this year!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

you said it, every one is going to grow as quilter over the next year.

i think a jane quilt is the best skill building quilt any one can do - you'll learn PP, Y seams, curved piecing, and every form of applique all in one quilt project.

its the perfect quilt to fine tune your chops.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by kosmos
Don't know what "flicker" is.
flicker is an online site that allows people to create online photo albums.

so we would set up an account for the Dear Jane Cyber Block Party that we would all have access to. then we could each create an album that holds each persons blocks in a folder for them.

its an easy way to see the entire project as a whole, you would be able to click on the kluedesigns, okie, bluechicken folder and see all the pics of their blocks in one neat folder.

i think when it starts it will be easier to understand because you'll have a visual thing to look at.
Ahhhh.... I didn't realise everyone would be together. I use photoshop purely because when I plug my camera in, everything pops up on the screen and then all I do it hit "share online" and they magically go onto the internet! LOL

Just thinking and typing at the same time.... if we're all under one account it means one link and everything is in the same place, so it's all easy to find, but means some people will have to learn the new application. On the other hand, if everyone has their own account, like photoshop or flicker or one of the others, then there's a link for each person, but it's easier for individual to load their photos up.

http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=260168&AT=3
Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM

lets see if this works.

i've wanted to see if i could upload my DJ software file onto the forum.

if it works, any of you who have the DJ software should be able to download this file onto your computer and open it up in your DJ software.

if it works this will make swapping patterns/designs very easy.

cross your fingers
Houston.......we have a problem......I have been able to download everything you have posted but this one. whispering(How much does a PC cost? my DH is a MAC guru. 4 presently in the house. maybe I could ask Santa for it!) LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady
lets see if this works.

if it works, any of you who have the DJ software should be able to download this file onto your computer and open it up in your DJ software.

cross your fingers
Houston.......we have a problem......I have been able to download everything you have posted but this one. whispering(How much does a PC cost? my DH is a MAC guru. 4 presently in the house. maybe I could ask Santa for it!) LOL
Do you have the DJ software? I haven't got it yet, so while I can download the file, I can't open it.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady
lets see if this works.

cross your fingers
i don't think you'll be able to operate the Dear Jane Software and therefore you won't be able to open this file.

talk to your DH there is a MAC application that allows MAX users to run windows based software on their MACs.

i think that might be the only way you'll be able to run the software.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Yes
Old 11-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Still not getting the updates.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Still not getting the updates.
thats just terrible - how can we get to the bottom of it
Old 11-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Don't know what else to do. Have called my tech support, and there is nothing wrong, according to them. sigh. Will do some further investigating.

Am excited about the software. It is on the way! Have your patterns and will practice applique! Fun, fun, FUN!