[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Thanks Luv!!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 PM

you are quite welcome Jan
Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 AM

Just caught up with you all. I had to have a rest from quilting my finger had a hole in it so had a few days off. On Row 11 and its really annoying me, so near the finish I actually can see light at the end of it. today I will, today I will, today I will. LOL It is looking good though really pleased with it. I have 3 blocks to redo on row L and they are horrors, however I will do it.

Take heart ladies we all hit a black spot, but we are all here for each other and there is such tremendous support here that we all give each other. So those of you who are THINKING, think no more pick up that block and go go GO

Elle
Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Just caught up with you all. I had to have a rest from quilting my finger had a hole in it so had a few days off. On Row 11 and its really annoying me, so near the finish I actually can see light at the end of it. today I will, today I will, today I will. LOL It is looking good though really pleased with it. I have 3 blocks to redo on row L and they are horrors, however I will do it.

Take heart ladies we all hit a black spot, but we are all here for each other and there is such tremendous support here that we all give each other. So those of you who are THINKING, think no more pick up that block and go go GO

Elle
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Here here!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 AM

Hi Janstar.....I am thinking I will hand quilt DJ too. After all that work that was put into the blocks. So glad I found this group for inspiration! Thank you all for your help!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Jan, you are making FAbulous progress!!! Elle..after a couple of days of break, you know you miss it and need to finish that part up!

Elizabeth..hand quilting this quilt is a labor of love too...well, the whole thing is a labor...but done with love :lol: You might want to look into the QAYG method that Lesley taught us...she did hers, I used it for mine, Elle is doing it, Jan is too.. the info for it is on page 214 I think. The quilt is so heavy when you get ti ready to quilt that unless you have a LA, it would be difficult to do it with your regular machine. Just a thought for you when all this "thinking" is goin on :D:
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Hi talking about QAYG, I am going to do my quilt with the backing in two halves so that its not quite so heavy so will post pics of how I do this so that you can try it this way to. Its huge at 86" x 86" and too big for me to shove, push and heave through my machine.

Elle
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM

I will check out the QAYG....I am wondering if I can do it hand quilting as you go? I just sat down to check email real quick...have to get back to some badly needed housework and will check it out later...that would be so much better :?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Blinky
I will check out the QAYG....I am wondering if I can do it hand quilting as you go? I just sat down to check email real quick...have to get back to some badly needed housework and will check it out later...that would be so much better :?
You can Blinky, that's what I did. In fact by the time I finished my blocks, I had done all the quilting too, because I did it in front of the tv, several blocks per evening. I put some pics on page 214.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM

I checked out page 214, Lesley and they are sooo cool. So I am thinking you left about an inch around each block with batting and backing when you quilted them? Later you will have to explain how to put the blocks together with a border! I am excited about this! I am for anything that I can take places to work on. I guess that is why hand applique is one of my passions. Thanks again!