Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
about 2 acres in melrose. where are you? south of portalis? great peanuts from there.
We are down in the SE corner of the state - I call the area "the armpit of Texas"! Went to ENMU in 1967 - 1970. Got married in Glencoe outside of Ruidoso Downs. Was raised in Kansas.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 AM

Just to put the word out there...

I started a new Dear Jane thread a couple of days ago. For those interested in starting/joining/continuing - we will be starting up mid-January after the holiday dust settles!

This is the link to the thread:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-162737-1.htm

I'm taking feedback at that site and tweaking the first schedule a bit so that there will be only 3 blocks/triangles per week - possibly a holiday break - but no break every 7th week. The blocks will be complete in about 18months and from the feedback I've received so far, I will try to tweak the schedule so that 'sections' or rows can be put together as we go along so that progress will be more obvious to us [rather than having the block order be spread out over the whole quilt.... although I DO love your design wall, Luv!]
Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 PM
mim

thank you -- for some reason, I got garbled print when using the software. These lists printed cleanly

Mim
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
The time is drawing near for the Dear Jane Cyber Block Party January 2010.

Attached you will find a shopping list, the projected block/triangle list, and a list of all blocks and their difficulty level.

the projected time frame for the entire project (from 1st block to putting on the binding) is January 2010 to May/June 2011.

its roughly set up with 6 weeks of sewing followed by 1 week off. the summer months and the fall/winter holiday season is when we'll be doing easy blocks/triangles and the rest of the months will be more challenging with mixed methods and difficulty levels.

the focus of the group will be support, encouragement, and friendship. i'll be working about 2 weeks ahead of the group that way i'll be able to put up tutes for the harder blocks and provide paper piecing order for the people who only have the book.

i'm not the best quilter around nor do i know the best method for putting together the blocks - so i hope that everyone will be willing to share their method of putting together the harder blocks so that we can all learn from the experience.

please look over the attached documents and let me know what you think - i want everyone to feel comfortable with the project.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Just to put the word out there...

I started a new Dear Jane thread a couple of days ago. For those interested in starting/joining/continuing - we will be starting up mid-January after the holiday dust settles!

This is the link to the thread:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-162737-1.htm

I'm taking feedback at that site and tweaking the first schedule a bit so that there will be only 3 blocks/triangles per week - possibly a holiday break - but no break every 7th week. The blocks will be complete in about 18months and from the feedback I've received so far, I will try to tweak the schedule so that 'sections' or rows can be put together as we go along so that progress will be more obvious to us [rather than having the block order be spread out over the whole quilt.... although I DO love your design wall, Luv!]
thank you
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM
mim

dumbest question yet -- I loaded the software into my PC a long time ago. Now I want to print patterns -- No patterns -- Do I have to keep the CD in the PC before I can access and print the patterns??

I also have the book so I can copy pages, but I would like to do it the easy way.
Mim
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM

it's been a while, can't believe i am the lst to answer your questions. dble click on icon, or however you get it open.
l. go to design my quilt
2. clk LIBRARIES in blue on top left
3. nest click libraries
4. center blocks.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:26 PM

brenda has some sample lessons. do those lst. she sorta talks you thru the software, if i remember a alittle. it helps, then when you get ready to do the blocks, and someone tells you how, you have some inkling what they are talking about. i think i spent a whole day just playing with the software, clicking on everything, reading it. and i still didn't have a clue. good luck.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Sew is right, Mim....you will have to have a project Open to be able to print the blocks. I don't have that software on this computer, but so can't remember the exact names, but when you get a quilt open, you will then have to "select" a block...(click on whatever block you want), go to File, then Print, then Block. Be sure you click on "size from quilt", then there you go!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
KR

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
......i also agree that saving the tris till last could intimidate some. hope that helps.
Getting back to reading what's going on here, so here's my two-cents worth.....

I made all my blocks first and then the triangles mainly because when I began my DJ I really wasn't sure if I would have the patience or stick-to-itiveness to finish the whole thing, and figured if I got tired of it I would just put together what I had and call it done.

But now on the backside, I think the triangles were easier/less time consuming than some of the more complicated blocks, mostly because they are larger...and fewer of them.

I did not follow the original schedule but for me 3-4 blocks and 1 triangle per week would have been very do-able. Whatever schedule you follow, adding in a few catch-up weeks here would be great for those times when life gets in the way.

After all these little Christmas gifties are out of the way I WILL get back to putting this project together!! Have a wonderful quilty day, everyone!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:38 PM

I have purchased some of the material for Little Brown Bird and Dear Jane, I'm doing both with batiks - I'm sure this will keep me very busy but I like the challenge. What do you think about doing it with Batiks? I would appreciate your input, thanks Here is a pic of some of my fabrics to date.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-280091.jpe