Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 APRIL 2012 BOM Tulip pictures. >

1 APRIL 2012 BOM Tulip pictures.

1 APRIL 2012 BOM Tulip pictures.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Andii View Post
hopetoquilt,
Very pretty-it's such a happy block. I think you did a really good job for your first applique. I have never used silk thread, does it feel any different to work with?
I feel like silk thread slides through the fabric more easily and is less noticeable than hand quilting thread or other threads.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
Just finished mine this afternoon. Don't look too closely. It is my absolute first attempt at needle turn applique and i don't own matching silk thread. It was a fun block to make. It isn't perfect but I still love it.
I like your fabric and color combinations. Looks Rustic to me..and I love rustic. Im still auditioning fabrics for this block. I'm having trouble deciding. I love this block so much I am thinking about making one and substituting it for one of the blocks in the quilt Im working on for my grandaughter. Again wonderful block Hopetoquilt.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Very nice, HopetoQuilt...You're braver than I am, lolo - I always do applique by machine, using different stitches, depending on the item I'm appliquing. Kudos to you..

Jean
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 PM

I guess I should really post my picture here, it's on the other thread, but---so here it is..;o)

Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails april-calendar-blk..jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM

These are coming out so pretty everyone! I'm not fond of doing applique, but have done mine and will post tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Here is my version of April Tulips. I want my quilt to be all paper pieced, so I selected a pattern from Carol Doak. It is actually called May Flowers.
Attached Thumbnails aprll-flowers.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
Just finished mine this afternoon. Don't look too closely. It is my absolute first attempt at needle turn applique and i don't own matching silk thread. It was a fun block to make. It isn't perfect but I still love it.
WOW!! It's hard to believe this is your first attemp at needle turned applique'. It couldn't have turned out any nicer & I just LOVE it!! I would say that it looks very perfect to me. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board. I can't wait to see more of your applique' work!! I think your are a natural at it.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Jean[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][ATTACH=CONFIG]324845[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]

Jean..........Thank you so much for posting your Tulip block picture on this thread too!! I can't praise it enough as it turned out really beautiful. The color's you chose to put together couldn't have been more perfect. I also want to thank you for picking this great pattern for all of us to share & make together!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
Here is my version of April Tulips. I want my quilt to be all paper pieced, so I selected a pattern from Carol Doak. It is actually called May Flowers.
Nicky.......Your paper pieced Tulip block is also wonderful. I just love it too!! All of the colors you have put together with your black back ground just pop so nicely!! Carol Doak's patterns are so awesome to work with. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 PM

I just wanted to say how proud I am of everyone & all of their efforts making these wonderful 2012 Calendat Theme BOM blocks, so far!! Now we are all really excited to see more of them. Enjoy this pattern & have fun sewing & sharing!!