Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 AM

That is correct that I just chose 12 house blocks in EQ7 in order to do the design. I don't know what the monthly blocks will be so I'll put them in as they are posted.

I just needed place-holder blocks to see what it could look like but this isn't a set quilt that we are doing. I wanted to do something other than straight rows and I'm happy to share the EQ7 file if anyone wants it. Of course, you can change any of the blocks to your own liking.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Oh... I also got the Town & Country add-on for EQ7 the other day, it was on sale for $20. LOTS of houses!! City and country with all the extras like a tractor, train cars, etc.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
That is correct that I just chose 12 house blocks in EQ7 in order to do the design. I don't know what the monthly blocks will be so I'll put them in as they are posted.

I just needed place-holder blocks to see what it could look like but this isn't a set quilt that we are doing. I wanted to do something other than straight rows and I'm happy to share the EQ7 file if anyone wants it. Of course, you can change any of the blocks to your own liking.
thanks for clearing that up for me - I thought I missed something! Wish I did have EQ7 but have a MAC & making it compatible is more than this old brain can handle.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM

all of my templates came out right except temp A, and for the life of me i can't get it drag or size correctly ... lol

ok got it !!!!! ty
Old 01-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Oh... I also got the Town & Country add-on for EQ7 the other day, it was on sale for $20. LOTS of houses!! City and country with all the extras like a tractor, train cars, etc.
Is Town and Country a stand alone program....can you use it without having EQ software? TIA.....
Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rodwill63
all of my templates came out right except temp A, and for the life of me i can't get it drag or size correctly ... lol

ok got it !!!!! ty
I got in contact with Marcia Hohn of The Quilters Cache, she mailed out a copy of the pattern to me yesterday. If you like I can mail you a copy when it comes in. Most of the women have their blocks done but I would like to make more and without the headache of temp A being off. PM me if you'd like the copy. I'll let you know as soon as it comes in and I'll ask for your adress. I have to say she is a very nice and understanding lady. She worked with me all day I think it was Friday on trying to correct this online. But with my scattered brains I just couldn't get it together. So, she offered to mail me a copy. I thought it was very kind of her and of course I couldn't resist! :-P
Old 01-16-2011, 03:21 PM

I did another Church block in the fabrics that I decided I'm going to use. I just love this fabric and didn't think I wanted to use it yet but, after coming up with the overall design to use the blocks in, I went for it.

Done in Moda's Luna Notte collection, I have a 40 FQ set of it. The quilt layout is done in the actual fabrics.
I love this setting! I may have to make another block now!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
Is Town and Country a stand alone program....can you use it without having EQ software? TIA.....
Yes, it's a standalone program. It installed and I can open it up by itself. It says it has, I think, 30 projects and 100 blocks.

In order to use the blocks in EQ I linked to the Town & Country library. It came up just fine with all the blocks.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
O.K. here's my church.

I was aiming for a heavenly glow from the windows but my DH claims it looks more like hellfire.

Regardless, it is staying. I may do another with windows that appeal to him at a later date.
Beautiful Deecee!!! You can tell that much thought and consideration was exercised. I appreciate all the little details. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:09 PM

I just found the "Town and Country" program at Amazon.com for $12.00 (plus shipping).

I think I will order it. I love the layout you posted.