Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Sewtinker,

Blocks can wait- take care of your Mom. Praying she gets better soon.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Sewtinker,

Blocks can wait- take care of your Mom. Praying she gets better soon.
thank you, sapdoggie. Re-reading my post, the "hmmmpf," makes me sound as though I am resentful, and I am not at all. I am blessed to be in a position where I can travel to her and stay as long as I like. I am Happy to be going. I should have added an, "lol...," after that "hmmmpf," to lighten its sound.

Thank you for your kind words.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by bailey
OK, you are all making me sooooo jealous. The churches are all so wonderful and creative. So...I finally tried PP. Can't say that I really like it but I now have a church too!
Won't say how long this took but needless to say if it was a whole quilt I don't think I would live long enough to complete it. LOL Hope you like my church - I do.
Love it!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 AM

OK, you are all making me sooooo jealous. The churches are all so wonderful and creative. So...I finally tried PP. Can't say that I really like it but I now have a church too!
Won't say how long this took but needless to say if it was a whole quilt I don't think I would live long enough to complete it. LOL Hope you like my church - I do.
Your church is gorgeous! I think PP gets easier the more you do it I love it
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Fantastic job! :P I'd never know you hadn't done paper piecing before. It's hard to get used to, but once you start doing it semi-regularly, you'll like it, I think. :wink:
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 AM

Super job! Getting all your trees upright must have been a challenge. It would have been for me. Love the block.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:30 AM

Both Churches are FANTASTIC!!!! Love the landscape fabrics in both. I LOVE pine trees and would like to borrow your idea if we make a cabin the woods pattern somewhere down the line.

I have been searching the internet for landscape fabrics and have found some really beautiful (and well priced) fabrics at FavoriteFabrics.com. Go to "themes" and you can look for hours at the skys, water, field and wood, bricks and whatever you might want. And you can buy just a 1/4 yard piece so not too expensive. I'm waiting for my order from Tuesday. I need to go back and look for pine trees.
;-)
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 AM

Your church is Beautiful. When I saw it it just took my breath away.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Love your block and you have gotten me excited to get at mine. 1st thing next week. I'm all set to go.

Thank you for giving me a shove.

Flo in the Coooold NNY
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
Both Churches are FANTASTIC!!!! Love the landscape fabrics in both. I LOVE pine trees and would like to borrow your idea if we make a cabin the woods pattern somewhere down the line.

I have been searching the internet for landscape fabrics and have found some really beautiful (and well priced) fabrics at FavoriteFabrics.com. Go to "themes" and you can look for hours at the skys, water, field and wood, bricks and whatever you might want. And you can buy just a 1/4 yard piece so not too expensive. I'm waiting for my order from Tuesday. I need to go back and look for pine trees.
;-)
This site is GREAT! If you are looking for a certain theme or fabric, you gotta check this place out. Thanks for posting it.