Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: 1-July-2014 Block of the Month photo's.

  1. #1
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1

    1-July-2014 Block of the Month photo's.

    Hi Again,

    This is the thread that we will be posting photo's of the new block of the month for July. I just finished mine, so I will start by sharing a picture of the one that I have made. I hope everyone enjoys looking at the picture & will be so anxious to get started on making their's. Remember we all LOVE SHOW & TELL ladies!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member grandmaNicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    200
    It`s so lovely and the color it1s so beautiful .
    Have a nice day ! Happy quilting , everyone !
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...75-albums.html

    Nicole

  3. #3
    Super Member mimiknoxtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Snellville, Ga & Hiawassee
    Posts
    1,980
    Very pretty. Love the iris print.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

  4. #4
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,285
    Blog Entries
    45
    Well.... I did one. It looked really simple and thought I'd whip it out in about 1/2 hour. Hah! It came out really crooked and you can see that I put one block in the wrong way. That's what I get for playing when I should be packing up the sewing room to move it to my new home this weekend . I just grabbed a pile of scraps sitting there because I knew there were 30's pastels in it. I thought I had it all gathered, but the second block part required more color 4, which wasn't noted in the beginning. sigh. So had to unsew part and choose an entire new color 4. But it's done and was good practice for what not to do if I try another.

    Name:  20140703 July BOM Four Square from Quilters Cache sm.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  32.2 KB
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?


  5. #5
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Well.... I did one. It looked really simple and thought I'd whip it out in about 1/2 hour. Hah! It came out really crooked and you can see that I put one block in the wrong way. That's what I get for playing when I should be packing up the sewing room to move it to my new home this weekend . I just grabbed a pile of scraps sitting there because I knew there were 30's pastels in it. I thought I had it all gathered, but the second block part required more color 4, which wasn't noted in the beginning. sigh. So had to unsew part and choose an entire new color 4. But it's done and was good practice for what not to do if I try another.

    Name:  20140703 July BOM Four Square from Quilters Cache sm.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  32.2 KB
    Nancy.........Love how your block for July turned out!! All of the color's you picked out to put together are so pretty. I don't think it matter's that you have one of the blocks in the wrong place, as these are all our own creation's & each time you look at it, it will bring a smile to your face!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  6. #6
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,285
    Blog Entries
    45
    thanks Sulabug.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?


  7. #7
    Super Member judy363905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,489
    Just finished my block for this month...now on to Project for this month. Thanks for looking

    Judy in Phx, AZ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by judy363905; 07-05-2014 at 12:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    17
    Ooo, very pretty all! Love the colors you all chose.

  9. #9
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    Just finished my block for this month...now on to Project for this month. Thanks for looking

    Judy in Phx, AZ
    Judy...........Your BOM block for June couldn't have turned out any nicer!! I especially love the fabric's you chose to put together, they all play together so nicely. Very pretty, Thank You for sharing with all the rest of us. Great Job!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  10. #10
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,395
    What a beautiful fun quilt block. Think I will have to try this one for sure!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  11. #11
    Super Member mimiknoxtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Snellville, Ga & Hiawassee
    Posts
    1,980
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  265.4 KB
    Here's my July block.
    Everyone's blocks are looking great. The year is flying by. I'm thinking of starting Christmas gifts & crafts for event at church.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

  12. #12
    Super Member judy363905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  265.4 KB
    Here's my July block.
    Everyone's blocks are looking great. The year is flying by. I'm thinking of starting Christmas gifts & crafts for event at church.
    Joyce, really like your color placement...your blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt when the year is finished.

    Judy in Phx, AZ. Where it is 109.2 degrees at the moment.

  13. #13
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  265.4 KB
    Here's my July block.
    Everyone's blocks are looking great. The year is flying by. I'm thinking of starting Christmas gifts & crafts for event at church.
    Joyce...........Love your block!! When I picked this pattern, I thought of you & the gorgeous color fabric's that you are using this year. Just like I thought, it turned out so pretty. We can hardly wait to see all of your blocks together at the end of the year. Great Work!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  14. #14
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Judy in Phx, AZ. Where it is 109.2 degrees at the moment.

    OMGoodness.............Judy, how can you stand those high temperatures? I know I would have to stay in the house for sure!! Of course that would mean more sewing time for me, how about you?
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    147
    Have you posted BOMs for other months? Do we send these in or make them and keep our own? Not sure I got in on the beginning of this. Please help.

  16. #16
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma View Post
    Have you posted BOMs for other months? Do we send these in or make them and keep our own? Not sure I got in on the beginning of this. Please help.
    Good morning,
    Yes, we have a block of the month for each month & you can find them on this very same thread. Also these blocks are for you to keep for yourself. It is the hope that when you get all twelve of them done, for the year, that you will be able to make a quilt either for yourself or someone else. It is great fun to make these blocks together & then share a photo of each one so everyone can see your block. I hope you will join in on all of the fun & share your blocks with all of us. Good Luck & have a great day!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    749
    Didn't want to infringe too much on my neighbor's hospitality, so put a rush on this one. My machine is still broken....should just go buy new. I know my friend doesn't mind that I use hers but I feel guilty about it.

    Here's my block for July. May need to redo this one when I have my own machine.

    Name:  BOM..July 004.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  168.8 KB

  18. #18
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    Didn't want to infringe too much on my neighbor's hospitality, so put a rush on this one. My machine is still broken....should just go buy new. I know my friend doesn't mind that I use hers but I feel guilty about it.

    Here's my block for July. May need to redo this one when I have my own machine.

    Name:  BOM..July 004.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  168.8 KB

    Tapper............your July BOM block has turned out awesome. I love the fabric's & color's that you have chosen to put together. They are so pleasing to the eye. Good Luck getting your machine fixed or possibly getting a new one. Thank You for sharing your photo with all of us today!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  19. #19
    Super Member judy363905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Judy in Phx, AZ. Where it is 109.2 degrees at the moment.

    OMGoodness.............Judy, how can you stand those high temperatures? I know I would have to stay in the house for sure!! Of course that would mean more sewing time for me, how about you?
    Cheryl, it is only 105 today, but minus the humidity you have in Washington it is probably like 82 there. M sister lives in Seattle ... So we notice the humidity more than the heat here. But it is all good when it rains here...

    Judy in Phx, AZ

  20. #20
    Member FurzaFlyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Judy in Phx, AZ. Where it is 109.2 degrees at the moment.

    OMGoodness.............Judy, how can you stand those high temperatures? I know I would have to stay in the house for sure!! Of course that would mean more sewing time for me, how about you?
    Had to say this.... But its a dry heat. LOL
    Fur is flying
    and so are
    little bits of fabric and thread!

  21. #21
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,395
    I think I will try this block too. I did Februarys and loved them so much I still am making more of those two blocks for a quilt in all batiks. I am going to use this block in a bom on facebook I am doing think it will fit in nicely. Thank you for posting Sulabug such nice and SIMPLE easy blocks that make me feel accomplished when I am done. SMOOCH!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  22. #22
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I think I will try this block too. I did Februarys and loved them so much I still am making more of those two blocks for a quilt in all batiks. I am going to use this block in a bom on facebook I am doing think it will fit in nicely. Thank you for posting Sulabug such nice and SIMPLE easy blocks that make me feel accomplished when I am done. SMOOCH!
    You are most Welcome & I hope you will be posting photo's of your batik blocks. We do so love to see everyone's photo's!! Can't wait to see!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  23. #23
    Senior Member m-fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Midwest, Western Australia
    Posts
    985
    Heres my block for this month. Hope to do the project tomorrowName:  IMG_5451.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  1.24 MB

  24. #24
    Junior Member grandmaNicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    200
    Beautiful blocks, I like all.


    I also worked on the block in July and last months.

    Thanks SulaBug .
    Have a nice day ! Happy quilting , everyone !
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...75-albums.html

    Nicole

  25. #25
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
    Heres my block for this month. Hope to do the project tomorrowName:  IMG_5451.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  1.24 MB
    Love your block, it turned out so pretty. The fabric's you have chosen for your theme this year are going to be so beautiful all together. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!
    Last edited by SulaBug; 07-15-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.