Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 September 2011 Ohio School House block pictures.

Cute ! more !!

The Ohio School House Block was "interesting". When I printed it so the 1 inch square was actually 1 inch, the block was not a 12-1/2 inch block. I had to add to the sides and bottom. I have not figured out what the problem is, but I made it work. At least I finished this one before the last week of the month.

The fabric in the windows has the alphabet scattered over it. It is very faint, and the flash would cause it to disappear all together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    i'm almost caught up. have to do the bird house and embelish some on these blocks. I copied someones light house. hope you don't mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew_it_up
    The Ohio School House Block was "interesting". When I printed it so the 1 inch square was actually 1 inch, the block was not a 12-1/2 inch block. I had to add to the sides and bottom. I have not figured out what the problem is, but I made it work. At least I finished this one before the last week of the month.

The fabric in the windows has the alphabet scattered over it. It is very faint, and the flash would cause it to disappear all together.
    You have made a great School House block too!! :thumbup: I love the red color that you made it with & the alphabet fabric in your windows. You didn't do a thing wrong with the size of your block. If you look on the pattern, it will tell you that it is a 10" block. Several blocks are not 12"s, so we have added on to make them the same size. Very nice work.
    :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso
    i'm almost caught up. have to do the bird house and embelish some on these blocks. I copied someones light house. hope you don't mind.
    Your blocks are all looking wonderful!! :thumbup: Yes, I really like your light house block too. It is certainly okay to add any blocks that you would like too. Thank you for sharing your lovely collection.

Blog Entries
    Great blocks ladies! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine
    I decided to move the tower to the center, add some steps, and call it a courthouse.
    Great idea Whitepine. Your block looks super.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy looking at all of your blocks. I had to drop out - sister's hubby was dying & she had surgery for broken leg & needed help.
    Just when I thoought I could get back to sewing, my hubby had a very serious accident in the mountains & has 4 fractured vertebrae, 1 totally shattered, 2 broken ribs, 5 bulging disks, surgery with pins and rods placed, spinal cord damage, learning to walk w/ walker. Our lives are upside down - not getting to ANY sewing/ quilting.

Blog Entries
    There will always be time for sewing later. You are definitely needed else where right now. My thoughts are with you and your husband during this healing process which sounds like it's going to be a long and trying one. Keep your eye on that light at the end of the tunnel :!: .

Montanajan - sending good thoughts and healing prayers to you and hubby.

Montanajan, Thoughts and prayers for you, hubby, sister and family. Plenty of time to get back to sewing when all settles down. All in good time. Hugs!

montanajan, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are doing exactly what you need to do now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by montanajan
    I enjoy looking at all of your blocks. I had to drop out - sister's hubby was dying & she had surgery for broken leg & needed help.
    Just when I thoought I could get back to sewing, my hubby had a very serious accident in the mountains & has 4 fractured vertebrae, 1 totally shattered, 2 broken ribs, 5 bulging disks, surgery with pins and rods placed, spinal cord damage, learning to walk w/ walker. Our lives are upside down - not getting to ANY sewing/ quilting.
    Dear Jan,
    I am so sorry to hear of all of the misfortune, that has occured in your life lately. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family always. Take care & come back when you can.
    Sew Happy,
    Cheryl
    Sulabug
    :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by montanajan
    I'm so sorry montanajan, my thought and prayers are with you and your family at this very distressing time!

Lots of lovely blocks here girls to add to your quilts, well done by everyone!! :thumbup:

Here is my September School House block....I can't believe I've finished this one so early!

My September 2011 Ohio School House Block is finished.

September Ohio School House Block
    Name:  Attachment-254874.jpe
Views: 43
Size:  68.6 KB

MontanaJan, sending good thoughts and prayers your way for your hubby's recovery and for you who will be his caregiver.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crlyn
    Here is my September School House block....I can't believe I've finished this one so early!
    WOW!! Another beautiful School House block. I just love it & the fabrics that you chose to put together. Very nice work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    My September 2011 Ohio School House Block is finished.
    Surfergirl..........Your School House block is great, too. I really like the ABC's with apple's fabric that you used for the windows & the front door. It is so cute.

Someone mentioned a bell tower and I liked the idea of that.

great block.

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone who posted re: my husband's accident and injuries, and my sister's loss of her hubby.
    We welcome your continued prayers for his recovery and my stamina, as well as comfort for my sister.
    Keep up the nice work on the blocks of the month - I really like seeing how different each one is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Someone mentioned a bell tower and I liked the idea of that.
    Your Bell Tower is really teriffic & I am so glad that you have made yours this way. I am thinking of changing that part of mine also. I just might have to copy you!! Nice work & great color's.

I had a look back and it was Maggiesmom who first mentioned a school bell.

I'm sure she would be pleased to see some of us using her suggestion and I'm happy for anyone to borrow my layout.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast