Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 September 2012 Calendar BOM picture's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    Thanks Sulabug... I got right on it, and finished it while watching a movie. LOL. I should post a pic. It was really quick and easy as I used one fabric rather than cutting it all up. But, I really like it.
    WOW, you are one fast sewer!! I am so glad that you found it okay & was able to get caught up. If you need any more help just holler, as one of us will be happy to find it for you if we can.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Yeah... I would have posted it last night, but by the time I finished watching the movie and cleaning up my craft room from making a big fall wreath... I just wanted to post to thank you and go to bed. LOL. It's 12 1/2' and I love the Kelly Green for March.

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  97.3 KB
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Like I said, I am headed backwards to catch up... Last night was the Clover block for March... These are my February and my August blocks, that I did today. I am workind on a Snowman block for January... I want to do a Pinwheel Variation for June, and A pieced kite block for may. Going backwards will keep me busy until Oct and November come around. LOL.
    Name:  003.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  106.6 KB

This is my January-Snowman block, and my December Santa. I've been working on them for a few days, but I got to a point I could take a pic today... I just need to sew on my buttons. I think I need to wait until my BOM quilt is quilted though. Right?

Name:  005.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  82.8 KB

Blog Entries
    This is my January-Snowman block, and my December Santa. I've been working on them for a few days, but I got to a point I could take a pic today... I just need to sew on my buttons. I think I need to wait until my BOM quilt is quilted though. Right?

Name:  005.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  82.8 KB
    Hi Again.............my you are certainly fast. I just love all of the blocks that you have made so far. I think you could be on to next year's BOM, before we even finish this year!! Keep up the good work. It will be October before we know it & you will be busy again!!

I still have to catch up for April, May and June... LOL.

Blog Entries
    I still have to catch up for April, May and June... LOL.
    I know that you will be caught up before we know it!! Have fun sewing those blocks together.

Blog Entries
    Wow, kensington - you are fast! How do you sew so fast - I usually spend a couple of days on each block (not whole days - cut on one day, sew on another day). Your blocks are just darling. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I'm having a hard time finding the pinwheel I want for June... it's the Flying Kite Pinwheel. Eleanor Burns has it on her site, but she makes them in rows of the same fabric, I want to use 8 different fabrics.. I think I have converted it... we shall see. That August block took me a bit longer as I was learning to use my new "Wonder Cut Ruler". LOL.

Okay... here is my June block. I chose this one because June is special to me, my moms birthday is in June. And the pinwheel reminds me of my childhood when we had then and would hold them in the wind. I used repro fabrics, I have stash of scraps from a quilt I made, and I am very happy with my June Block. It really took no time at all.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  88.4 KB
    Last edited by kensington; 09-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kensington, I just love your pinwheel block! Did you use your Wonder Cut ruler to make it? I don't have one of those yet, but I do have the Companion Ruler. I wonder if that would do the same thing? I've got lots of 5" squares cut (worked on them today), so maybe I'll be doing pinwheels soon.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    Everyone's blocks are so pretty.
    After all the color in the last block I just kept Sept simple.Name:  Sept BOM.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  516.1 KB
    Helen T.

Tweety... your block is nice. I like that fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by labeelady View Post
    Kensington, I just love your pinwheel block! Did you use your Wonder Cut ruler to make it? I don't have one of those yet, but I do have the Companion Ruler. I wonder if that would do the same thing? I've got lots of 5" squares cut (worked on them today), so maybe I'll be doing pinwheels soon.
    Yes, I did use the Wonder cut. It was so easy to do. I don't know what the Companion is, I'll have to look that up. I used Eleanor Burns intructions but had to adapt them as she made hers in strips and I was making mine in 8 different fabrics. Still, it was very easy to do. It's one of my favorite blocks in my BOM so far.

Blog Entries
    Okay... here is my June block. I chose this one because June is special to me, my moms birthday is in June. And the pinwheel reminds me of my childhood when we had then and would hold them in the wind. I used repro fabrics, I have stash of scraps from a quilt I made, and I am very happy with my June Block. It really took no time at all.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  88.4 KB
    Kennsington...............Wow, I love your June block. This pinwheel pattern is a good one & your choices of fabric's just make it look really nice. My Mom's birthday is in June too, what a small world, huh? Thank you for sharing with all of us today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
    Everyone's blocks are so pretty.
    After all the color in the last block I just kept Sept simple.Name:  Sept BOM.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  516.1 KB
    Tweety...........Your September Maple Leaf block is wonderful!! I really like the green batik fabric you used for the leaf itself. It will go very nicely with the rest of your Calendar theme blocks for 2012. Thank you too for sharing with all of us today on the Quilting Board.,

Sept Maple Leaf

Here's mine...finally!
    Attached Images Attached Images

After seeing it on here.....''Live"...I think I will add the other two borders and trim it to 12.5.

Blog Entries
    missgigglewings - very pretty block! I just love your border fabric.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    After seeing it on here.....''Live"...I think I will add the other two borders and trim it to 12.5.
    It's nice and colorful. I'd like it with all four borders better too. Great fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Here's mine...finally!
    missgigglewings........What a great September Maple leaf block. Your leaf print fabric is wonderful & I love it!! The colors are so pretty. I hope you will post another picture of it when you add your borders. We will all be anxious to see the difference, although I think it looks nice with the wider border on two sides. Thank you for sharing with all of us today.
    Last edited by SulaBug; 09-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh Wow great blocks and quilt sharing everybody.. I love them all. Here is my Sept Maple Leaf block I also used the pattern for 12" from Quilters Cache.

Name:  SEPTBOM.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  108.2 KB
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Here's mine...finally!
    I like you leaf and your word fabric!
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Blog Entries
    Very pretty block!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Oh Wow great blocks and quilt sharing everybody.. I love them all. Here is my Sept Maple Leaf block I also used the pattern for 12" from Quilters Cache.

Name:  SEPTBOM.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  108.2 KB
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Sulabug... Sulabug! Now don't get upset that I jumped ahead. LOL. But, I did finish my other blocks... April, May, October and November. I should have waited, but I was inspired by you and these threads, and I couldn't wait. I'm excited to get it sashed and borders on so I can see my own finished quilt! I've never done a BOM quilt before... I'm so excited! Thanks!

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  261.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Sulabug... Sulabug! Now don't get upset that I jumped ahead. LOL. But, I did finish my other blocks... April, May, October and November. I should have waited, but I was inspired by you and these threads, and I couldn't wait. I'm excited to get it sashed and borders on so I can see my own finished quilt! I've never done a BOM quilt before... I'm so excited! Thanks!

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  261.2 KB
    Kensington...........how on earth could I be upset with you & your beautiful Calendar blocks for 2012? They are all wonderful & you not only did them extra speedily, but you have done an awesome job to boot!! Your choices are great & your work is impeccable too. I love it. Now you must promise to share a picture with all of us, when you have it sashed & all done. We will be so anxious to see the finished quilt. I think you are an inspiration to all of us too!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast