Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#14 Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

#14 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

#14 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 09-18-2016, 09:03 PM

trying to find out if you think the gold would go better with my christmas fabrics than the white with red and green flowers.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
trying to find out if you think the gold would go better with my christmas fabrics than the white with red and green flowers.
Its almost impossible to see what you mean when you post them separately. I have downsized your pictures and will post them together here.
The new red/gold with[ATTACH=CONFIG]558522[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]558523[/ATTACH] the other gold would work if you leave them together with the red scroll, green scroll and green mottled, eliminating the white and the one with snowmen. Or just leave the Christmas set as is. If you use the new set the red and gold would be A your focus fabric and the gold would be your lightest fabric. Lets see if Judy has an opinion on this.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-runner.jpg   33333.jpg  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 AM

Poor me. Just diagnosed with Shingles. Of course I had the vaccine. Totally miserable. Will catch up with pms in a few days.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Poor me. Just diagnosed with Shingles. Of course I had the vaccine. Totally miserable. Will catch up with pms in a few days.
I'm so sorry, Dotty. Hope you get well soon--rest, rest, rest. My son had shingles when he was eight years old--trying to keep him from overdoing was nearly impossible!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 AM

OOOHHHH NO!! That's not good.. I hope you find relief very quickly and recover even faster. The Dr told me that with the vaccine, you can still get the Shingles, just not as bad as without, so here's hoping for you. Take care, Dotty. HUGS
Old 09-19-2016, 10:01 AM

OH Dotty, I am so sorry! I had them last winter, not fun at all! I will pray for a speedy recovery! Mine were on the left side of my waist in the back, had to wear baggy clothing with nothing touching my waist at all!

I never had the vaccine so I hope it is true for you that the vaccine will make them last not as long and maybe less painful!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
OMG, I am so sorry. Here in FL they are running an ad by a law firm that says to contact them if you got shingles after receiving the vaccine. They said the vaccine caused it and there is some kind of fund for victims. You might want to look into it. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:09 PM

So sorry you got shingles Dotcom, such a miserable thing. My friend got them, and the Dr's scared her so bad, because they were really close to her eye, she had to go into the eye Dr. every other day. They said she could lose her sight. Hope you're better soon.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM

Oh Dotty, so sorry. Doesn't it seem like there is a lot of it going around. My neighbor had them this year and she didn't have the vaccine. All she could do was rest and take pain pills (I think). I had a very light case about 30 years ago but I guess you can get them again. I've been debating whether to get the vaccine or not. A person just doesn't know what to do. Take care and rest, and keep us informed.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:56 PM

so sorry to hear about your shingles dotty; My husband had a very severe dose on his head and couldnt wear his specs and light bothered him so he couldnt do anything to take his mind off the pain. It lasted 5 months. My brother had it in his head too and it didnt seem to bother him mush at all. Hope you're soon better