Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    Gus, your blocks are terrific! Hard to pick a favorite, but I love the fabric in D4 and 13! Here's a little more eye candy I ran into on the Dear Jane mailing list. Anyone can join the list by going to dearjane.com. Oh, to be able to applique like Gus and this lady! http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacolanne/
    thanks for the link. i love the J6, pink with delicate flowers.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
    And finally here are C10, C7, and D13: [not sure I said this in the right order and keeping my fingers crossed the pics stay!]
    once again - I explained the construction yesterday - post #1234
    Hello, Gus!
    Their blocks are beautiful!
    I hope that the roles will be resolved soon so that you can operate and not feel more pain and recovery is fast!
    A big hug!

Blog Entries
    Gus, your blocks are terrific! Hard to pick a favorite, but I love the fabric in D4 and 13! Here's a little more eye candy I ran into on the Dear Jane mailing list. Anyone can join the list by going to dearjane.com. Oh, to be able to applique like Gus and this lady! http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacolanne/
    Thank's for the link! I love all pictures!
    A hug!

Blog Entries
    WOW Gus you blocks are awesome. I only hope after a little more experience mine look like that. I have G11, A6,G6,C9,I9,K9,TR5 finished. I have something messed up in my iPhoto I think. I was going to get my SIL to help me tomorrow but he has a job interview on Monday that he is freaking out about. He is an art teacher looking for a new job. Not a good time for that in Ohio. All of the schools here are cutting jobs. Block G6 was the first block I did and it was the hardest. It is a little wonky but it is what it is. I look forward to seeing all the blocks. Each one is a new adventure.

meanmom - I will keep him in my thoughts!! trying to remember what G6 looks like - you are on a different schedule

on to fun..wow!! thanks for the link katybob

Nancy - I posted exactly the same way today as yesterday - in fact yesterday I had something at the lower left of my screen indicating quiltingboard was being contacted and something was being saved, today there was nothing. What was also really strange was that it looked the same both times I posted pics - looked as if it went through even after I checked a PM and went back to it!

have a great day tomorrow - dont know if I will make it back here before Monday
    Gus
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-17-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: remove political verbiage

Oh my word! The blocks are looking fabulous! Now I need to get off my duff, or rather onto my duff, & get more of mine done. Like a lot of others, this time of year sure gives us a lot of outside "stuff" to do!
    Maureen

Blog Entries

Slow progress, but still making progress!

2 more redos:
    B11 - Drafted to look more like the original block. I used every technique on this one - paper pieced center, english paper pieced white bands and brown arcs then appliqued...yes I have lost my mind.

Name:  B11.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  11.6 KB

B12 - I really didn't like my 1st wonky star flower so I set out to redo it. I looked at the original block for a bit...lines and fabric patterns. The more I looked, the more it seemed that the dark fabric was in 4 pieces and appliqued on top of the lighter fabric. So I started drafting and came up with a new template. I cut it into 4 sections, basted my pink fabric to each one, then sewed them together. Then...I appliqued it on top of the white fabric. I did it. I got rid of my wonky!!!
    Name:  one.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  10.8 KB Name:  two.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  5.7 KB Name:  B12.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  18.2 KB

How many blocks am I doing each week? Let's just say that I am taking really good notes with the hope that one of me great, great, great grandchildren will pick this up and finish it. 3 blocks a week is doable...if my DJ BFF would stop dragging me into the fabulous swaps.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I am working with a group at the LQS. They are planning on doing 2 blocks a month. I think that makes it a 10 or 12 year project. I figured they would keep me moving. I plan on just picking up on your guys schedule and trying to keep up. If I have any spare time I was going to go back to the beginning and try to do those. While looking up this thread I came across a thread that gave instructions for a few blocks so I followed them. They were all paper pieced and I was in a paper piecing mood. Block G6 was pretty wicked. I had 4 blocks to do for my other group. No on to my blocks for this week here.
    Pat

@Gus, AMAZING tris!! Your points are so crisp.
    @Fraew, your B12 - very clever. Loved how it turned out.
    @Meanmom - good luck to your BIL. Fortunately where I teach we've not had to cut teacher jobs, can handle it through attrition.

I'm falling further behind, hope to be working on DJ again in one week. The great pics posted here keep me motivated to hurry back.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the welcome! I did print the schedule. No way I can catch up at this point Oh well, maybe it will keep me somewhat on track of finishing! It's motivating reading posts and seeing all the pictures of the blocks everyone has completed.

Blog Entries
    I love your blocks, Gus. Fraew, what a neat idea for B12. I will try to remember that little trick when I get there. I am trying to finish my AOTH quilt and then it will be full steam ahead on DJ.

Thanks for the link. She has some really pretty colors and is doing a great job!
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Fraew..your B-12 turned out great! Thanks for sharing how you did it. Looks like a much better approach than what we were working with before.
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Beautiful Fraew!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Weeks 18-21

Caught up (til the end of this week)! I refuse to let those tiny melons beat me, but right now they have the edge.
    Name:  DJ - Week18.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  81.1 KB
    Name:  DJ - Week19.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  80.8 KB
    Name:  DJ - Week20.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  75.7 KBName:  DJ - Week21.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  66.1 KB

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    I'm lurking here right now. Just enjoying myself looking. Ladies, your blocks are amazing.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Blog Entries
    High five to being caught up! Love the blocks everyone and thanks for the compliments.

Goal for this week: complete all 3 blocks that we are working on this week.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dknit View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I did print the schedule. No way I can catch up at this point Oh well, maybe it will keep me somewhat on track of finishing! It's motivating reading posts and seeing all the pictures of the blocks everyone has completed.
    Don't be discouraged. I started and I have 13 blocks & 3 tris made but I had to stop to make 2 quilts for family members. I'm now trying to finish my AOTH quilt but I have every intention of finishing my Lemon Jane. I have had the book for 9 years and I am finally going to make this quilt. I saw the original quilt when my DH and I went to New England in 2003 and I bought the book. It was so intimidating that I didn't have the nerve to start on it until I found this board. What a great group!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    High five to being caught up! Love the blocks everyone and thanks for the compliments.

Goal for this week: complete all 3 blocks that we are working on this week.
    Congraulations Fraew!! It must be a great feeling to be caught up. Keep up the great work.

Blog Entries
    @ Fabric Galore: I am no where near caught up. That high 5 was for katybob. That's why I set a goal for this week.
    Fraew

Katy bob ... great job on your blocks and I bet you are thrilled to be caught up! I have dreams of catching up but things keep getting in my way. One of the many projects on my table is moving from my kitchen table to my very first sewing room. We have been working on it off and on for about a year now and I will be thrilled when it finally gets finished. Got my cutting table in and spent today digging fabric out of bins and folding it to fit into the drawers in my cutting table. I know this is going to be a real time saver when I get ready to do my next DJ blocks....I will be able to just pull out the drawers and select the fabric instead of trying to search through bins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

TymeToShine. What a great looking room you will be getting. You will have to keep us updated with more photos. I am in the lurking stage right now, with 3 family reunions coming up in the next 6 weeks and finishing signature quilts for each one. Hope to get back to DJ after that.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

mim
    I'm trying to catch up on my reading -- my laptop got a new very nasty virus that wasn't protected by my security programs so I have been going thru withdrawal for a week. Now I'm catching up -- wonderful new room Tyme to shine. And I love looking at all the new blocks. I haven't done any since coming to Maine. Too much outdoor work that needs to be done. We try to put in about 6 hours every day.

I have done some work on my Carpenters wheel quilt and now have the central portion done so I am halway there before the final borders.

I'm glad to be back -- Mim

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies!
    Fraew and Katybob CONGRATS!
    I imagine the joy that should feel both by carry the day programming!
    Linda I love... your cutting table! And with all the drawers with your ordered fabrics!
    I have so instead my sewing, but I'm watching place on shelves to see if find it me easier to use! I think that my mini stash has grown a lot! Thank goodness that this not it reads my husband! Hahaha!
    I hope that all are very well! Greetings and welcome to the new group!
    Today I present my blocks of my week # 10!
    Are B-8, B-7 and A-13. They are made with straight stitching techniques, Paper Piecing and apply.
    With A-13 I fought pretty... but I overcame each one of the challenges that face me each block to date! And I'm happy with my 26 blocks and 3 triangles!
    I show them the photos of each block, one of the Week # 10 and one of the Weeks # 1 to 10!
    I hope whatever your liking and thank you for looking!
    I arrived in the middle of the road! And I will continue step by step forward, although my delay is important!
    A hug for each one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

GV09:
    Your blocks look great. You are doing a nice job on them.

Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast