Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 10-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
Thanks, Judy, I’ll go with turquoise. No idea what I’ll use for the last clue . Something will turn up.
Yes, some great idea always comes at the end, doesn't it? You won't be unhappy. Lots of colors in your floral....
Old 10-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Judy I waited for your reply before cutting. Now I'll consult with my sister who's quilt this will be. But another question. I'm doing yardage. I need 4 fabrics neutral, light, medium and dark. have I got that right? thanks.
yes, as long as yyou have good contrast between your light and our medium. Do your HSTs with medium or light and 4-patch with the one - light or med - you didn't use. And dark will be next clue. but it might won't take a full 2 yards.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:03 PM

so i do the hst with light and medium ...I have good contrast. then the 4 patch with light and neutral still have good contrast. hope i've got that right. Thanks judy. stay safe on your travels
Old 10-08-2018, 05:37 AM
RJ

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Angelia, for non-scrappy, use your neutral or light background that was used with the HST and for the 4-patch use a fabric that will contrast with the darker fabric in the HST. Clear as mud? Sorry. Guess I didn't explain very well. If you used a medium in the HST, use a lighter in the 4-patch - but the light needs to have contrast with the neutral.
So, I finished all my 4 patches yesterday---doing all scrappy with one constant light fabric----it is the same light fabric I used for my first clue...now I see lots of confusion as to the 4 patches---am I wrong to use the same light for both clues??
Old 10-08-2018, 08:28 AM

RJ not sure how you did these 4-patch. I looked at your beautiful HSTs, but am confused about your patch. I am sending you a PM.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-08-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:36 AM
dd

Sounds like my quilt is a lot like RJ's. I'm using white and red scraps. So I should have a light color for the 4 patches instead of the white again? I thought I was just going to do them the same but sounds like I'm not to do that. I'm having more problems with this one than I normally do. Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:14 PM

dd went back and looked at your HSTs, white and ass't reds. If it were me, I would use the white with red scraps, or use a solid red mwith the white, or an entirely a different color. And dont' forget you will need something for the last clues. .
Old 10-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I think we are all over thinking this ride. We,re making it tougher on ourselves than is necessary. lol. These mystery's are not this hard. If I can follow them ...... everyone can. lol I always have a minor problem then when I see a few clues others have made it finally sinks in. This ride we don't seem to have alot of pictures. Humm... Judy where is everyone with the pictures?
Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Lawsonmugs, I haven't started on clue 2 yet, but don't worry, I will post pictures! I agree, it is just simple units that we all make all the time. I am enjoying the mystery ride. I have a feeling this is going to be one happy scrappy quilt!
Old 10-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I think we are all over thinking this ride. We,re making it tougher on ourselves than is necessary. lol. These mystery's are not this hard. If I can follow them ...... everyone can. lol I always have a minor problem then when I see a few clues others have made it finally sinks in. This ride we don't seem to have alot of pictures. Humm... Judy where is everyone with the pictures?
Mary you are so so right. Everyone is over thinking this, I guess.
And I guess not many pictures because everyone is overthinking how to do the 4-patch!