Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 01-23-2015, 07:17 PM

Here are my med/lights and some of the lights.. I starched, pressed & cut my scraps into the squares needed for the triangles at work yesterday. Hope to get them cut & some sewn by tomorrow at home...snow storm coming my way.
I'm a little behind...isn't that expected of the caboose I left some ghiradelli chocolates in the club car..
Attached Thumbnails dscn2416.jpg   dscn2418.jpg   dscn2420.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

honcky, heading to that club car for the chocolates.
i'm all ready and set to go for tomorrow. someone asked about ripping apart and
doing over. not for me. i'm not that ocd. know people who are, they drive themselves crazy. love the look of a scrappy and that's what i'm headed for a true scrappy. can't wait to see what's coming down the pike tomorrow. I wonder how long we'll be in the station for??any ideas. do we have many people jumping on or off?? can't wait for week #3.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:40 PM

Woot! Tomorrow is clue 3! Nope. I'm not excited at all! *wink*
Old 01-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

KMeyer...I would've sworn you raided my four patches. Like yours too, lawsonmugs mine are similar to hers.
Honchey you'll have to switch places with me so I can be the caboose. Such pretty lights. Gotta raid my light scraps for triangles so I can sew tomorrow and be ready for step#3.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Got my triangles done just in the nick of time .

When I started to see everyone else's triangles, I began to think my medium lights were TOO light, but then I decided that since I was going to use up my strings, I'd just have to go with what was in the strings drawer, regardless! Still got loads of white strings left yet...

Looking forward to the next clue. There's the brights, and the neutrals, and the 2.5 inch strips hinted at in week one. Gonna be an interesting clue....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507252[/ATTACH]
What a great idea, use strings! I don't have a lot of lights to choose from and used the backs of many of my fabrics but now if iI need more lights I might just make some blocks with strings. Thanks for the great idea, I'm mean it is a "scrappy" right.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Siodich, do you have a standard size that you use your scraps in the string blocks?
Hi there,
No, it's just what got chucked in the drawer over the last year, anything up to 2.5 inches wide (that size goes into the hexies box instead lol).

I did use the widest strips across the middle cos they'd be cut in half when I cut the triangles. I'd say the average size strip was about 1.25 - 1.5 inches .

Off out for the day now, so wont see the new clue for hours yet!!!
Cheers, K
Old 01-24-2015, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Hi there,
No, it's just what got chucked in the drawer over the last year, anything up to 2.5 inches wide (that size goes into the hexies box instead lol).

I did use the widest strips across the middle cos they'd be cut in half when I cut the triangles. I'd say the average size strip was about 1.25 - 1.5 inches .

Off out for the day now, so wont see the new clue for hours yet!!!
Cheers, K
i am learning a lot with all your ideas Ladies! I,m trying this too, Siodach. But I need a break in the club car... pancackes with whipped cream and chocolat syrup to keep going you know. Lol and waiting clue #3
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 AM

Yum, pancakes for breakfast, I'll be happy to join you in the club car! I figure after our breakfast, we should be ready for the next clue.

Jan
Old 01-24-2015, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Love the samples being shown. mine are more of a mess ,not so conforming like the ones being shown.
Mine are I guess more sacrppy looking. I remember hearing something about 2 1/2" strips
don't own that size, so hopefully I can rig something up here. also hope we use some mediums too.
Lisa love your saying ...."Color gets all the credit but value does all the work". how true!

just think, this time tomorrow, we get our clue, we'll be done with it...maybe
I can't take credit for the saying, I heard it in a color workshop I think with Kathy Barnes.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
Lisa, see you at 'Road' LOL somewhere in the multitude .... I know we will be at Superior Threads, and check out all the LA machines.

Leaving in a couple of hours and not home till sometime Sunday.
Sunlit, I missed seeing you. I think it is because I am vertically challanged and just cannot see through all the other people backs....

I wish I had another day or two to spend there. I find it very overwhelming. I think we did see all the displays but missed probably more then half the vendors and I didn't get my thread because we didn't make it back to Superior thread before the show closed.