Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 01-28-2015, 06:50 AM

I am caught up, but feeling so disappointed. I woke up thinking today was Saturday and was soo excited to be getting the next clue, only to find out its wednesday. Boo.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:22 AM

As always, impressed with all the postings since the day befoe - so much done in 24 hours. Fantastic blocks, everyone. Hate to single out one person, because all the blocks are fabulous, but I have to say I love Siodach's string blocks and I too vote for the second one.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 AM

I like Siodach's controlled scrappy and it looks like a green light from the one that knows what is coming around the next bend in the tracks.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 AM

The caboose has lots of goodies left over from all the shopping for the storm that didn't quite meet it's potential here in my part of NJ...
I am pulling up the rear and have part one of clue two done..I'm currently pinning them to the four patches..
Attached Thumbnails img_0384.jpg  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Ok, I probably should wait to tell you this on Saturday but I'll probably forget.

I'm doing a new scrappy -- I get bored easily with the same ole same ole. So, this one is again starting with a 6-1/2" four-patch but I have a bunch of 5" and 6" leftovers. I have sewn together 4 different blocks and then cut ON THE DIAGONAL using my 6-1/2" ruler into a four-patch. Looks entirely different, as if you had sewn together two of the triangles like you have made in week 2. Just trying to get through these scraps, but they seem to be multiplying in the dark.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
As always, impressed with all the postings since the day befoe - so much done in 24 hours. Fantastic blocks, everyone. Hate to single out one person, because all the blocks are fabulous, but I have to say I love Siodach's string blocks and I too vote for the second one.
Wow, what an accolade, thank you so much . Please remember tho, none of this would have happened without you, Judy, to inspire us to challenge ourselves

cheers, K
Old 01-28-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Wow, what an accolade, thank you so much . Please remember tho, none of this would have happened without you, Judy, to inspire us to challenge ourselves

cheers, K
Thank you thank you. You make me blush.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
The caboose has lots of goodies left over from all the shopping for the storm that didn't quite meet it's potential here in my part of NJ...
I am pulling up the rear and have part one of clue two done..I'm currently pinning them to the four patches..
I can honestly say I am happy it didn't meet its potential there, I think we got our potential and yours too. I am still digging out. Lot to shovel and that is even after someone breaks out the driveway. I couldn't step off the porch as it was 4 feet high of snow wall I had to break down. That wind did wonders, and in my area we had already gotten 28 inches. More for Friday.

I agree, these quilts are amazing, all the same pattern and yet so different. Love it all, great job!!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Ok, I probably should wait to tell you this on Saturday but I'll probably forget.

I'm doing a new scrappy -- I get bored easily with the same ole same ole. So, this one is again starting with a 6-1/2" four-patch but I have a bunch of 5" and 6" leftovers. I have sewn together 4 different blocks and then cut ON THE DIAGONAL using my 6-1/2" ruler into a four-patch. Looks entirely different, as if you had sewn together two of the triangles like you have made in week 2. Just trying to get through these scraps, but they seem to be multiplying in the dark.
Judy I have very interested in your new scrappy!!! Would you please post a picture?? I have a huge stash and trying to sew only scrappy until my shelves are empty..Thanks
Old 01-28-2015, 12:06 PM

AnngelAnne, It's terrible when the weather doesn't behave itself. The last time we got 30 plus inches was about 8 yrs ago..it was a disaster..it's not fun then. Although 2 yrs ago there was a gal or should I say monster called Sandy that visited us..that was no fun either... take care.

I'm sewing the last of my triangles and will post a photo after I press them...