Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM

I FINALLY picked up some spray starch! can you believe I have never used the stuff in my life? the instructions on the can are not to clear.. but I think I have it figured out now, after a few trys I still have places where it is stiff and places that are not. I guess it has to be learned right? :roll:
maybe I can get a thing or two done now :D
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM

best wishes to Lesley! may you have a speedy recovery.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:57 PM

Just thought I'll let you all know that Miss Mousie's doctor visit revealed a sinus infection. She wants to make sure you all know that she will be back soon and will work on her AOTH quilt.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Granted, I'm a bit "dim", but I'm not understanding what you did wrong.

Once I finally finished my last commitment, I started back in on Block #11 (my third one). Working on it was my reward for getting the last project done and mailed. I think I can have #11 finished by tomorrow night. Yay!!!!
I must be dim too, Ducky, lol.
Looking forward to seeing your 11, Ducky.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Ducky
Granted, I'm a bit "dim", but I'm not understanding what you did wrong.

Once I finally finished my last commitment, I started back in on Block #11 (my third one). Working on it was my reward for getting the last project done and mailed. I think I can have #11 finished by tomorrow night. Yay!!!!
I must be dim too, Ducky, lol.
Looking forward to seeing your 11, Ducky.
Well, my lightbulb isn't very bright, either!!! Help us dim ones out here Patti!! Maybe show us a pic or two! I'm much more of a visual learner!! :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 PM

It will be after July 4 before I can get back to any quilting. I've had a new roof put on and am now enduring having the popcorn ceilings taken off and getting pretty new ceilings. Even got two new ceiling fans installed. Also, the A/C that leaked into my bathroom walls has been fixed and the walls are being redone. The shower is also getting grout redone. The gutter guys have not gotten here yet, so that will probably be next week. And it will take many days to clean up. You know how fine that dust is and I'm sure I'll be vaccuming it up for days. I'm feeling like one of those hoarders on that TV show. Things are stashed in every available room. The cat is confined to the study with all his necessary equipment. He's not liking that one bit. Can't say I blame him. At least I have 8 blocks done on the AOTH. So I will not be that far behind.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:34 PM

How on earth did my previous post get centered? I did an edit and presto, centered.

Okay, now it is okay. Computers!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Wow Linda...thats a lot of work being done at the same time! Wishing that everything goes really smoothly (no pun intended for the ceilings..LOL)

Girls...when doing trapunto, you would usually wait to sew the extra layer of batting on after the entire quilt is pieced. That way you can make sure that all your blocks are square and nice. I normally piece the entire top, then mark the trapunto pattern, sew the poly batting on and trim out the areas that don't need the extra batting....then sandwich and quilt as normal. I have no idea whether my blocks will be wonky or not. I'll just have to give it a try. You all aren't "dim"....I just don't explain things very well...just ask my DH...he'll tell you that I generally only tell about half the story...assuming that you just automatically know the other half. :roll: I did nothing on it today....nor will I tomorrow...
Old 06-23-2011, 07:36 PM

Oh Patty - soooo sorry - and yes prayers are the one thing that keeps all of us focused. I for one have to do it more often with my daughter as sick as she has been since '06. I also lost my brother to pancreatic cancer in 2000 - he was gone within 7wks. We made a religious pilgrimage to Lourdes on Halloween of that year for a week - he had been diagnosed Oct 3 and died Nov 26. Our prayers are not always answered the way we would like - he saw no cure, but he had planned to wait til Christmas to come home to see his grown daughters as he and second wife lived in Chicago and we in L.A. area. As a result of our trip, he decided to come home early, they put their condo on the market Nov 9 and it sold within hours [things weren't selling]. He got a chance to spend 10days of incredible time with his girls and our Mom [who was never the same after that...] But altho it wasnt "our prayed for miracle" I believe God had a hand in that one.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:43 PM

On a lighter less serious note I have been gone from this thread for a while..... been finishing a row robin for another group [should say groups because we have one with our guild as well] The row robin 2011 is posted here
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101878-19.htm#3546209

and I will post a few other pics down here as well...enjoy :) not all is finished [heck - most things are yet to be started!! I'm co-chairing a quilt show......]

i will put my block 9 [not finished] on the block 9 photo topic

This is our CVQ guild row robin... half of it at least. My friend's hubby is Hawaiian and she wanted a Hawaiian theme. she had Hibiscus, I added palm trees, huts, and volcano in the middle - still needs some sewing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215925[/ATTACH]

Amelia's rose garden I promised you guys a while back - this is the center wreath. I stilkl have to embellish before I sew all parts together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215926[/ATTACH]

A small detail embroidery section I started
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215927[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215919.jpe   attachment-215920.jpe   attachment-215921.jpe