Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Ya'll know its going to be torture watching ya'll make that wonderful LBB quilt while I sit on the sidelines, but.....I just looked again and it just looks so hard! But....I'll certainly be cheering you on! I must finish AOTH and quilt some of these IRRs before I can begin thinking about the next project.
Patti, you could do it by machine applique. That's what I am planning on doing. However, I will hand embroider the blocks & there is a lot of embroidery on this one - I think that's what gives this the visual impact it has. Mine is going to be done in mostly reds & greens so it has a Christmas feeling.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Lesley, thats good info. So...I'm thinking that its pretty darn easy to copy/print here since I have a combo printer. The book sounds like the way to go for me anyway. I'll look at it some more.

Kathy...your LBB will be a Christmas quilt??? That sounds really interesting! I might have to take a look at it with that in mind. I know you don't mind me stealing...do ya' sis???
Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM

I apologize to everyone for forgetting that it is Sunday & I didn't get the AOTH post of the week up.

This is now Week #12 & we are going to do Block #23, aren't we? I'm putting it here & on the photo thread as it's getting late.

This is easy-peasy!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244978[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244972.jpe  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM

I didn't realize there is- or -was a CD. The book is just fine!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Kathy...your LBB will be a Christmas quilt??? That sounds really interesting! I might have to take a look at it with that in mind. I know you don't mind me stealing...do ya' sis???
Never!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

love your block, kathy!
Your LBB is going to be awesome in Christmas colors! ;)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 PM

We are off to Albuquerque tomorrow. I decided that we needed to go up the day before so we aren't exhausted by dinner time on Tuesday. We will leave here around 8:00 in the morning, drop Dufus off at the Dude Ranch & head north. We should get there sometime after lunch - 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Before we would leave the house at 5:00 am & drive, getting into Roswell at morning rush hour. Not that there is much of a rush hour there like in major cities, but it also doesn't have nice alternate ways to get through town. The truck by-pass drops you off right north of the downtown area, with half of the town left to drive through! Then we get to head into "no-man's-land." For the next 100+ miles, there is NO CELL PHONE SERVICE!!! However, there is an amazing number of staties patroling the highway, so if you get into trouble, you don't have to wait too long. This area is smack in the center of the state. The highway is 4 lanes, so you can make good time - only 2 towns to go through. No speeding, though - you WILL get caught with all those troopers around!

I have made out mu shopping list for the trip - I will be heading to some of the many LQSs up there. I am interest in getting both sizes of Karen Kay Buckley's new scissors, the book by Sharon Pederson called, "Roses of Remembrance" (yup, another applique book) & a pink Add-A-Quarter ruler. They come out in Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness time. I didn't get one the last time I saw one, so gotta get it now. I have the yellow one, but want the pink one. I already have the pink 45mm Olfa cutter. Got that while I was waiting for DH to tell me to buy my Janome 6600 nearly 5 years ago.

Am going to try to get DH into Ann Silva's Bernina Shop to look at the HandiQuilter Avante 18. This is the same shop that the lady made the AOTH on her applique machine as a BOM from there!!! There is a link to the pictures of that quilt on page 1 & page 14 of this thread.

Have contaced Melissa Maher - former editor of Quilter's Home Mag. that I'm coming - we have been trying to get together to meet over coffee. Maybe this time. May just head to Corrales & Quilts Ole instead.

I'lll have my laptop as usual, so I won't be out of touch.

Oh, I forgot to tell you all - I have finished appliquing all the blocks for AOTH. Have the embroidery left to do on a few, then on to the next border, the big border & the final border. Still have to design the big border - but it shouldn't be too hard, just a wavy vine with pieces of the blocks scattered all over.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

wow, you surely have your time scheduled out. Smart shopper!
But I have to ask you,...what are you doing to me???
mentioning, roses and applique and book all in the same sentence?
You know I have to go look it up!!! lol!
You will, of course, let us know all about your trip, and who's driving?
The better, more skilled one usually, lol.
Be safe, buy lots, and come back with stories and maybe even some pics! hugs...you always need a hug when your going somewhere! ;-)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Kathy, have a wonderful trip to Albuquerque! You know I LOVE that city.

And I Sooooo want to make the Rose of Remembrance quilt, are you going to to do a quilt-along for it?
I should say that the more I work on the AOTH quilt, the more I love appliqué. I tried to piece a star today and let's just say that my seam ripper got a pretty good exercise :oops:
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM

Mousie, we go to Albuquerque every 3 months for his job at the prison. I go along to drive & shop & eat out a lot! We started this ritual back last November. It's supposed to rain on Tuesday up there - maybe I'll get wet!

Candi - yup, remembered you like the Duke City. I am having fun going there & just driving around discovering things. On the last trip, I found the Balloon Fiesta Park where they launch all those balloons in October. There were several launching when I was there. Fell in love with Corrales as it reminded me of Hollis, New Hampshine & I really miss New England.

I am not one to just sit around in the hotel room waiting. Being a city girl, I love driving around up there.