Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
  #3671  
Super Member
 
d.rickman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,386
Default

Pattis - beautiful center, love your fabric for the inner borders.
d.rickman is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
  #3672  
Super Member
 
pattis47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,286
Default

Thanks
Originally Posted by d.rickman
Pattis - beautiful center, love your fabric for the inner borders.
pattis47 is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM
  #3673  
Super Member
 
Deecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 3,724
Default

That looks beautiful Pattis.
Deecee is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 01:08 PM
  #3674  
Super Member
 
pattis47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,286
Default

Originally Posted by Deecee
That looks beautiful Pattis.
thanks for the nice words
pattis47 is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
  #3675  
Power Poster
 
Lacelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12,281
Default

Looking really good Patti - My narrow borders were also 1.5in, (with 10 in blocks).
Your choice would also depend on whether you plan to use a border print, or perhaps make your own?
Lacelady is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 02:15 PM
  #3676  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,811
Default

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Gorgeous!!! What a fast worker you are and your quilt is incredible. I love everything about it. My blocks are 10" squares and I used a 1 1/2" inner border. Your border fabric is beautiful and you can make it any size you like as long as you remember to make your sashings on your corner blocks the same size. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Patti - ditto what Losie says. I, too, am doing 10 " blocks with 1 1/2" inner borders. For an 8 1/2" block, your border (if you are wanting to keep your border in the same proportions as Aie has) would be 1 3/8" wide + 1/2" seam allowances would make a cut size of 1 7/8" width.
QuiltswithConvicts is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 03:12 PM
  #3677  
Super Member
 
pattis47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,286
Default

Thanks for the help...just finished dinner, getting ready to start sewing block 31.
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Gorgeous!!! What a fast worker you are and your quilt is incredible. I love everything about it. My blocks are 10" squares and I used a 1 1/2" inner border. Your border fabric is beautiful and you can make it any size you like as long as you remember to make your sashings on your corner blocks the same size. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Patti - ditto what Losie says. I, too, am doing 10 " blocks with 1 1/2" inner borders. For an 8 1/2" block, your border (if you are wanting to keep your border in the same proportions as Aie has) would be 1 3/8" wide + 1/2" seam allowances would make a cut size of 1 7/8" width.
pattis47 is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
  #3678  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 18,726
Default

Ooohhhh, that looks wonderful Pattis!

I'm gauging the width of my border by what I want showing on the top of the bed vs. the drop down on the sides. Remember the sashing pieces that Lesley did those lovely embroidered hearts on need to be considered also.
sandpat is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 04:30 PM
  #3679  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,811
Default

Can you all believe that we will begin Week #21 tomorrow? It's the week for Block #7. This one is an easy one. It can be even simpler by fussy-cutting the center circle & only using one circle there instead of the 3 as the pattern shows. Either way, it's a fun, simple block. Have fun!

Happy Stitching.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275599.jpe  
QuiltswithConvicts is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 05:06 PM
  #3680  
Super Member
 
pattis47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,286
Default

very pretty
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Can you all believe that we will begin Week #21 tomorrow? It's the week for Block #7. This one is an easy one. It can be even simpler by fussy-cutting the center circle & only using one circle there instead of the 3 as the pattern shows. Either way, it's a fun, simple block. Have fun!

Happy Stitching.
pattis47 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
QuiltswithConvicts
Blocks of the Month and Week
315
10-01-2013 06:29 PM
QuiltswithConvicts
Blocks of the Month and Week
724
03-31-2013 12:20 PM
loulou
Pictures
103
05-01-2011 06:29 AM
loulou
Pictures
45
02-02-2011 06:20 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter