Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Now you are teasing us Ducky....c´mon fess up what you doing

Elle
Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Now you are teasing us Ducky....
Nah, not so much. I tend to change my mind so many times that I decided to keep my beak shut until the final decision.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 PM

does anyone have a clue as to how may threads you use on thes blocks for the embroidery? I am doing a sample block to see if I can do this!!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by firequilt
does anyone have a clue as to how may threads you use on thes blocks for the embroidery? I am doing a sample block to see if I can do this!!
I would love to know if you come up with an estimate. I was debatingabout using silk thread but I have no idea how many spools of thread I will need.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I used two strands of DMC stranded cotton /floss on the blocks I posted, and in the five blocks I have done, I have used almost all of one skein already. It seems to eat up more thread than you imagine. Since I only had one skein of the colour I picked ((DMC shade 742) I ordered another 10, because I didn't want to run out in the middle and have to order more. I believe there are 6 yards in each skein. I hope that helps.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I would love to know if you come up with an estimate. I was debatingabout using silk thread but I have no idea how many spools of thread I will need.
Silk would give you a nice, lustrous effect, but please be aware that silk degrades in light far quicker than cotton does. I once left a maltese silk lace d'oyley on a windowsill (under a vase) during on summer (about 3 months all together), and when I went to move it, it crumbled to dust. Now I have no idea what its life was like before I acquired it, but even so, I would hate for you to do all that work in silk, then put the quilt on a bed in a sunny room and find that it doesn't fare very well.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Linda..glad you are reconsidering...you know its always darkest right before the dawn...

Ducks...thats just mean keeping that pretty beak all sealed. You know we love to hear you thinking out loud!

Meredith..I know exactly what you mean on the borders. I think its gonna look fantastic!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
I'm in, I will use a dark teal background &do it with my embroidery mmachine,, original size.
Dark teal sounds lovely!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 PM

welcome Gal.

Ducky i luv hearing you consider and reconsider aloud as well.
kinda fun.

Linda Ann, everyone here is very loving and supportive. they helped me thru DH's many hospital stays.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 AM

I am so undecided it is overwhelming. I think I am making a bigger issue of this quilt then it needs. I have all the fabric that I need for the blocks except I can't make up my mind what I want for the background. Even tho' it would be wonderful using a black for the background etc.,I don't want to use black. Mine is going to be used in the spare bedroom and black just wouldn't go in there.
I found a really pretty shade of creamy yellow that I think would look really good. I also have a full bolt of RanLon bleached muslin that I bought last summer when it was on sale that I am considering.
I haven't purchased the yellow yet, I would like to get some feedback on what others are using. I think someone showed some bright yellow that looked fabulous but that is not really me.
The yellow I found is at Connecting Threads and is on clearence and is called custard if any one wants to look.
I hope I haven't rambled on too much, I have a tendency to do that. I think I am forgetting how to spell also! LOL!
Thanks for "listening".
Phyllis