Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 AM

I totally agree, this group has been great. I think some of it is because a lot of us have been doing these mysteries for a year now so there is a camaraderie, but the most of it is that there are a whole bunch of really nice gals on this train ride.

Oh my gosh, does it seem like a year since I posted the first train ride? Good grief, the year went so fast.

Originally Posted by Leslie333 View Post
I had a realization tonight. I'm pretty new to this board and the reaction of everyone to the errors in instructions that were posted for this mystery quilt are a real tribute to the membership of the board. Judy said that everyone is being good about it, even through PMs. Yeah, things happen and people make mistakes, but how a group this big reacts to it says volumes. As a newer member that really tells me a lot about the people who are on here and makes me really glad that I joined!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
For Sunlite and anyone else who wants to change the way you view your pages --

At the very top of the QB is a box labeled settings -- click on that. Then on the leftsiude, go down and click on general settings -- go down to the area for changing how you view your posts.
This train is too funny. With all the big mistakes and all the little mistakes, it seems everyone is having a time of it and taking it quite well. I guess I didn't want to be left out either. FYI.....if you decide to change your settings so you have 20 posts per page, remember what post you are on first as it changes the page numbers and you lose where you were, lol. I wrote down on was on page 54, but when I got it all said and done I was at page 32, and wondered "what the heck". Nice job everyone.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 AM

I think mug rugs should be called snack mats. smaller than a placemat bigger much than a coaster. Perfect for a cup and a small plate of ...something

I am ready for the next clue no problemos here I think that the end result will be well worth the little .. redo's. And QUILTERMOMMA I am NOT an over achiever I simply like to get things done as they are posted so I am not behind. When I get behind on something its so much harder to catch up? I am slow. Some of you are so very fast when sewing so if I do it when posted then I am tada right there in the game still. Two weeks behind? I will have a super hard time coming up to street level again. Guess its in how you can handle rushes. I handle them not at all. they suck. and anxiety right up to the neck...yikes.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM

I really think this ride has been a riot. Almost like a comedy movie where things just keep happening. And those of us who had to redo, well we did have the whole week to do it.

Judy, I hate to keep complaining about Win8 too, and my only hope is that they hear us. I still haven't been able to upload a picture on Win8 and have to use my old computer but I'm going to download Picasa and see what happens. The Paint program is still there and I use that for resizing quite easily, but no upload.

Gretchen, love your fabrics.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 AM

All of you have convinced me I don't need a new computer yet. Was thinking it might be the right time to upgrade although nothing is wrong with the old one, and I haven't heard 1 good thing about Win8. Not only from on the board but anyone I know that has bought a new one. I bought an IPhone instead and it's driving me nuts, old age that's what it is, not for all of you but for me. Have to call my kids and grandkids and they tell me what to do or google it, not all bad step by step instructions. Tomorrow, tomorrow.......the plot thickens
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Thanks Judy for the reminder about making RESTORE DISCS. I purchased my new PC last year, Windows 7, thank goodness, and HP keeps reminding me about creating the restore discs about once a month. I am going to do it today. BTW, I am still using my old PC with XP because there was so much on it that would not transfer to the new one. I feel like a computer geek using two PCs.

BTW, what is new foodwise in the club car??? All of this computer talk is making me hungry.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post

Judy, I hate to keep complaining about Win8 too, and my only hope is that they hear us. I still haven't been able to upload a picture on Win8 and have to use my old computer but I'm going to download Picasa and see what happens. The Paint program is still there and I use that for resizing quite easily, but no upload.
I hope so too. One thing I noticed when Geek Squad was remotely accessing my computer -- a couple times when he couldn't get something to load I noticed that he sent off a message someplace -- moved to fast for me to catch it all -- but I think as the Geeks find things that don't work, they are keeping track. Hopefully they will get these issues resolved. But I do remember all the problems that came up when Win7 was introduced. By the time I got a new puter, Win7 was a year old and I had no problems at all.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 AM

A year? Wow, that means I'd better get the first one bordered and quilted. It's on my mental list to be next. I started cutting last night and made two mistakes. This table runner has had its share of gremlins. If I run short of A, I know my LQS has more though I might have some. I think it's one I liked so well that I bought it twice.

What's for lunch? Bacon/onion/Swiss quiche and a fruit cup are in the club car. Let's go eat.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 AM

My favorite quiche Irishrose. On my way to the club car!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 AM

bought it ..twice .........thought I was the only one who did that.... LOL@ myself

I cannot walk past butterfly fabric