Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
April 15th BOM-  Wagon tracks- Pictures >

April 15th BOM- Wagon tracks- Pictures

April 15th BOM- Wagon tracks- Pictures

Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 PM

Love everyone's blocks. And I want a design wall!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Administrator

what wonderful blocks you've all made. :P :P :P

my design wall was easy to make. it's the masking tape i use to stick things to the dining room wall. :lol:

here's my block.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52855.jpe  
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Love it Patrice. About that design wall - we are trying to sell the house, so don't think I dare put masking tape on any painted surface!! Don't want to have to paint again - or I should say pay someone to paint the walls again!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Patrice, I am very taken with the fabric and colors in this block and the Broken Sugar Bowl block. They really are so pretty! It makes me realize I would like to break out of my more earthy and conservative colors. I'm just not very good at putting colors together....I guess there are classes for that.

Oh, and I use double-sided tape on my quilting room walls for my design board. I would love to have a huge board that the blocks could self-stick.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Administrator

thanks for the compliment and encouragement, ducky. i can't tell you how many times i've cut piles of patches from fabs that look great laying next to each other on the table but nowhere near great once i pieced the blocks. :roll:

so i've been studying the quilts i've seen here at the board. lots of inspiring members to learn from. and a loooong way to go. :lol:
Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Well - I looked at my block again and realised I couldn't live with that misalignment on the bottom left patch plus I would have lost my points on the HSTs - soooo, I unpicked and resewed now it's better!

Re design wall - DH made a frame of 1" x 1" timber then we staple gunned some flannel to it. It hangs on two square hooks screwed in the wall at the top. I think it cost me about 20 dollars - would probably cost you less as I pay around 5 dollars a yard for 90" wide flannel - you can probably get it for less? It took about an hour to make - he joined the frame in the corners with short pieces of mitred wood trimmed off the ends of the four lengths we bought and also put some little metal L shaped things on as well. Watching him do it, I reckon I COULD have done it myself but you don't keep a dog and bark yourself, do you? LOL!

K x

PS I love your fabrics Patrice - I wish I could 'do' brights as well, they scare me silly!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM

Everyones blocks are so pretty! :D
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM

oops! I meant to post mine while I was commenting!

edit: I dont know what is up with that one fabric, it always looks wavy in pictures! I swear the block is not distorted!! :oops:

all 4 so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32478[/ATTACH]

wagon tracks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32509[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32478.jpe   attachment-32509.jpe  
Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Well - I looked at my block again and realised I couldn't live with that misalignment on the bottom left patch plus I would have lost my points on the HSTs - soooo, I unpicked and resewed now it's better!

Re design wall - DH made a frame of 1" x 1" timber then we staple gunned some flannel to it. It hangs on two square hooks screwed in the wall at the top. I think it cost me about 20 dollars - would probably cost you less as I pay around 5 dollars a yard for 90" wide flannel - you can probably get it for less? It took about an hour to make - he joined the frame in the corners with short pieces of mitred wood trimmed off the ends of the four lengths we bought and also put some little metal L shaped things on as well. Watching him do it, I reckon I COULD have done it myself but you don't keep a dog and bark yourself, do you? LOL!

K x

PS I love your fabrics Patrice - I wish I could 'do' brights as well, they scare me silly!

Watching him do it, I reckon I COULD have done it myself but you don't keep a dog and bark yourself, do you? LOL

I have had a day from H-E-doublehockeysticks, this one sentence gave me the laugh I needed to make me remember that life is different every day and that when I'm the most down I just need to come here to renew my good feelings. ;-) Thank you thank you thank you
Old 04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Wow, I love everyone's blocks :D :D :D I loved seeing what you have done so far on your quilts!!!! :D :D :D