Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Baltimore Album Block 5 - Directions and Discussion >

Baltimore Album Block 5 - Directions and Discussion

Baltimore Album Block 5 - Directions and Discussion

Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Hi K3n....I have a dumb question for you.......I have been down loading the B Bliss and now have 6 patterns.....problem is I think I've down loaded the templates...not the full size pattern....which one do you use to make the block????? thanks Swimmer Girl
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by swimer girl
Hi K3n....I have a dumb question for you.......I have been down loading the B Bliss and now have 6 patterns.....problem is I think I've down loaded the templates...not the full size pattern....which one do you use to make the block????? thanks Swimmer Girl
Hi, mousie here, (QC sometimes :wink: )
You use the pattern to cut out all the pieces, and the full size pattern outline,...heres how I am using mine:
After taping the full size pattern outline together, I traced it onto clear vinyl. this is so you can pin it to your block at the top, and lift it up to place your pattern pieces in the right places...you can see thru the vinyl and move them until you get them all in the right places :wink:
I don't cut the pattern, I traced the pieces onto freezer paper, and cut that out.
You can do fusible applique or turned edge. I am turning the edges under and topstitching them on the machine. Hope this helps. :D
P.S. I used an erasable marker on the clear vinyl. I have never done this before, so don't know if it will really come off.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 PM
k3n
Power Poster

That's a good way Mousie, hadn't thought of that! I print out the full pattern, tape the pages together (4 of them) then stick it to a window (works like a lightbox, but cheaper :wink: ), tape the fabric square over it and trace it lightly in regular pencil. Then I cut the template shapes out of freezer paper and iron them onto the coloured fabrics, same as Mousie. :D
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Thanks so much for writing to me...I am still confused...why are there 2 sets of templates? And do I understand you correctly ...you are using the largest ones...those I did not print out....I guess the smaller ones woukd be too tedious.

But thanks for you help......this is a very nice group of people.....SG
Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by swimer girl
Thanks so much for writing to me...I am still confused...why are there 2 sets of templates? And do I understand you correctly ...you are using the largest ones...those I did not print out....I guess the smaller ones woukd be too tedious.

But thanks for you help......this is a very nice group of people.....SG
Hi - the large 'templates' shown in the actual block placement are for you to trace onto your background square, where you click on the word 'Outline'. You have to stick the four pages together lining up all the joins. The ones you use to cut out your pieces of fabric to appliqué on are the ones which are scattered on the other pages, (marked 'Templates' on the website) in no particular order, NOT the small pictures at the top of the page, one in colour and one black and white. Hope this helps.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Well actually I've fallen a bit behind myself - I have a few more pieces to put on #4 and haven't started #5 yet. :oops: :lol:
HE HE HE

No more shouting at Blue & I then Kathryn you bad toad you, falling behind tut tut LOL.
Pleased to see your human LOL .

Tisha
Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hey! I caught up! I finished #4 and I just this very minute printed out and traced my freezer paper templates for #5! :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Dear K3n....now I get it ...thank you soooo much....I didn't understand why the very big ones but I see they are for placement and the actual applique is made from the smaller pieces. That really helped me so I am personally thanking you.

We have spent a week here and a week there in Paris and loved it...also had a marvelous trip thru Normandy. You have a lovely country.

Warmly....SG
Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 AM
k3n
Power Poster

You're welcome SG. :D