Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Album BOM June Block

I am the one in last place. So far I haven't gotten all the patterns and fully intend to make them but, due to too many irons in the fire, I haven't started any of the blocks yet. I do love the patterns though and appreciate the opportunity to get them. I keep hoping my life will settle down a little so I can start stitching them.

I just bought the background fabric, washed it, and it is in the dryer. I am the last one. I printed out the patterns and will be working on it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mshollysd
    I just bought the background fabric, washed it, and it is in the dryer. I am the last one. I printed out the patterns and will be working on it tonight.
    I'm not sure who will be the last one (grins) but at least I know I am in wonderful company. Besides this way we get to see what everybody else has done to give us inspiration. :)

Well I started it, tried using the interfacing technique on the pieces, what a crazy thought. Just about lost my mind trying to turn them inside out. Last night I used the freezer paper, and then used the basting thread in my bobbin, and truly loved it. I am going to have blanket stitch over raw edges, but I am ok with that. I will post a picture when I get finished with the center square, Really wanted to do it with black background but it is a pain to line up the pattern with black.

Well I started it, tried using the interfacing technique on the pieces, what a crazy thought. Just about lost my mind trying to turn them inside out. Last night I used the freezer paper, and then used the basting thread in my bobbin, and truly loved it. I am going to have blanket stitch over raw edges, but I am ok with that. I will post a picture when I get finished with the center square, Really wanted to do it with black background but it is a pain to line up the pattern with black.
    Congrats on starting! Once you get started I think it, as well as this group, just inspires you to continue. It's that first step. Then I thought, well I finished one block, so I should be able to finish another block. I am doing needle turn on this which is a major pain for me but looking over the blocks I see I am getting a little better at it. I might just do another one but use light fusible and hand stitch around it. It would be far less stressful on me. LOL.

Blog Entries
    I feel better today...I got a second corner block done, and started on the heart block.

Peg, I am having a battle with myself over that inner small border. To me it looks out of scale. This is your BOM, and your design, so I am asking your permission to change that border around the center block. You can just tell me NO if you want, and I won't mind. I'll make it as you designed it. But if you don't mind, I would like to try something else. Just let me know. Like I said, your design....and I completely respect that!!

I have a habit of making a pattern into what I want it to be. Anyway, hope I'm not offending!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I feel better today...I got a second corner block done, and started on the heart block.

Peg, I am having a battle with myself over that inner small border. To me it looks out of scale. This is your BOM, and your design, so I am asking your permission to change that border around the center block. You can just tell me NO if you want, and I won't mind. I'll make it as you designed it. But if you don't mind, I would like to try something else. Just let me know. Like I said, your design....and I completely respect that!!

I have a habit of making a pattern into what I want it to be. Anyway, hope I'm not offending!!
    Go for it! No permission needed. this is for fun and if you want to change anything it's fine with me.

I appreciate your consideration of my design, but it is your quilt and I want you to love it and be happy.

Have fun and post a pic when you've made your new border.

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone,

I'm back and ready to go.

First off, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I am at peace, did everything we could to help him for the past 4 years. He lived 2-1/2 years longer than the drs predicted.

Last of company left this am, kind of have my home back in order, tomorrow I hit the studio running! I am so far behind with my swaps, this BOM, and a quilt I am making for my niece's wedding. Have to get my butt in gear quickly.

Everyone's block are so beautiful, I'm so happy for all of you.

Blog Entries
    Peg, thanks for letting me try something different for the border around the center block. Don't know what yet, but when I come up with something I'll give you a look!! Thanks again!!

Blog Entries
    Peg, thanks for letting me try something different for the border around the center block. Don't know what yet, but when I come up with something I'll give you a look!! Thanks again!!
    Do you have EQ? if you want some ideas, let me know what you are thinking and I can send you some blocks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Do you have EQ? if you want some ideas, let me know what you are thinking and I can send you some blocks.
    Yes, I do have EQ6. I just haven't had time to sit down and mess with it for this. Maybe this weekend I'll get some time. I have projects backed up, both to be quilted and to be pieced. Never enough time in the day!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Peg nice to have you back:) i am still going on with June block a little slower with this block due to my daughter's wedding we were away for 5 days :)

Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Hi everyone,

I'm back and ready to go.

First off, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I am at peace, did everything we could to help him for the past 4 years. He lived 2-1/2 years longer than the drs predicted.

Last of company left this am, kind of have my home back in order, tomorrow I hit the studio running! I am so far behind with my swaps, this BOM, and a quilt I am making for my niece's wedding. Have to get my butt in gear quickly.

Everyone's block are so beautiful, I'm so happy for all of you.
    :thumbup:

Love this block. I may have to go nack to the beginning n give this a try. Thanks for doing this! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Love this block. I may have to go nack to the beginning n give this a try. Thanks for doing this! :)
    Welcome aboard, if you need the links to the other blocks, let me know, have fun.

I love this, I used some of my tye-dyed fabric (that I dyed) and got the middle done, and the hearts, and am working on the four corners. I will post pictures soon, but supper time now.

I love this, I used some of my tye-dyed fabric (that I dyed) and got the middle done, and the hearts, and am working on the four corners. I will post pictures soon, but supper time now.
    Can't wait to see them...especially with your own died fabric.

Ok I will put my pictures on here.

Center
    Name:  Attachment-217931.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  105.3 KB

Heart
    Name:  Attachment-217935.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  99.0 KB

One of the four corners
    Name:  Attachment-217936.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  106.7 KB

Love your fabrics! Well done.

Blog Entries
    Love your fabrics,great job of selection for the blocks. I like the blanket stitch on them.

Thank you. This is a lot of fun to do and I hate applique normally

Blog Entries
    June block finished now back to the small blocks until the 8th of July for the next block :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice to have you on board. You did a great job with your own tie dye i love the colors:)

Thank you, and I love yours too. I was thinking, if I had the time you could make two of blocks out of different things. Like patriotic colors for a quilt I am making for FIL

Blog Entries
    That tie dyed fabric is great!!! Love the blocks so far. I'll be working on mine again this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    June block finished now back to the small blocks until the 8th of July for the next block :)
    Capucine, Love your colors!! You're fast, as always. :thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast