Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore December Block

Today is the 8th.

PokerDiva, you're right...it is the 8th. I've lost track of the days. My mother passed away over New Years and I'm having a hard time. I know it will get better. I did 3 BOM's last year and I thought the Baltimore Album came out on the 8th.
    Lynn

So sorry to hear about your mother. The block is suppost to come out on the 8th but every since she was caught in Hurricane Irene it has not been on time. Totally understandable. I am also working on a Rose of Sharon quilt so I might just do some substitutions if I can go back and find the orignal design which like a dummy I didn't print.

Quote Originally Posted by littlesurfer View Post
    PokerDiva, you're right...it is the 8th. I've lost track of the days. My mother passed away over New Years and I'm having a hard time. I know it will get better. I did 3 BOM's last year and I thought the Baltimore Album came out on the 8th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fmhall2 View Post
    Very nice. I would love to have been able to have gotten in on this quilt, but I only joined the board in October, so didn't know about it. I am anxious to see the whole quilt put together.
    I believe all the patterns are still posted - you can start it now
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Hello littlesurfer,
    I am sorry to hear about your Mum not a very good start to the year but you will always have her memories to keep you warm. Please accept my condolence time will heals the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by littlesurfer View Post

Do we have all the blocks?? I have the center and 12 blocks which I think is everything. I think I just need to decide on how to set it together and if I'm using borders or not. I might just go with sashing between the blocks and do some type of outside border. I'm just about finished December so will post pictures of what I have so far. Am I thinking right?
    Ellen
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I can see footprints on the moon..."

Quote Originally Posted by efayard View Post
    Do we have all the blocks?? I have the center and 12 blocks which I think is everything. I think I just need to decide on how to set it together and if I'm using borders or not. I might just go with sashing between the blocks and do some type of outside border. I'm just about finished December so will post pictures of what I have so far. Am I thinking right?
    12 blocks sounds right, plus the large center block and the small ones. I'm going to see how many blocks I have. If we have them all, we can begin putting everything together.
    Lynn

Blog Entries

Baltimore december block

This is what i have so far If that is all some please tell me what size we need to cut all the block down to and more instruction with the sashing. Thank you Ladies and Peg where are you? I hope all is Ok with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

it is so beautiful. You did such a great job on it. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for looking and the compliment waiting for the last instruction have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by mshollysd View Post
    it is so beautiful. You did such a great job on it. Thanks for sharing.

I think there are supposed to be 13 blocks - 1 center and 12 surrounding blocks... I am way behind on making my blocks, but these are the blocks I have in my file to do ---- unless I am missing one. If I am missing one, please let me know:

1- February - center Block
    2- March - Corner Rose - one of two named blocks
    3- April - Inner Border Corner and HeartWreath - second of two named blocks
    4 - May - inner Border Swag and "May" block
    5- June - "june" Block
    6- July - "July" Block
    7 - August - "August" Block
    September - no block due to hurricane
    9 - October - "October" Block
    10 - November - "November" Block
    11 - December - "December" Block
    12 - January - Waiting
    13 -

The one month (was it March?) was the corner block which you were to make 4 of. This should total the 12 plus the center block. I think we just don't have an outer border or the swag yet. I've been trying to arrange my blocks and decide on the setting. I've just about decided to surround the center with the applique border and also have 2" sashing between the blocks. I'm trying to come up to the same size as the center block (which could be from 16-18"). I'm also going to do an outside appliqued border. Just trying to figure out the math. Anyone else put theirs together yet or have any ideas?
    Ellen
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I can see footprints on the moon..."

Blog Entries
    Hi i am still waiting and hoping peg
    will come back with instruction i need a little help if we have to resize the
    blocks and adding borders etc..

Quote Originally Posted by capucine View Post
    Hi i am still waiting and hoping peg
    will come back with instruction i need a little help if we have to resize the
    blocks and adding borders etc..
    I'm waiting, also.
    Lynn

Baltimore - with Borders

I have attached a picture of what was posted earlier (I think around August?) which shows the Album with the borders on it. Perhaps that would help decide if people have everything. I think it is all been posted now but if anybody needs me to go through my EQ7 and fill in with some of the blocks for them, send me a PM and let me know.

Can't wait to see them all put together.
    Happy Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz View Post
    I have attached a picture of what was posted earlier (I think around August?) which shows the Album with the borders on it. Perhaps that would help decide if people have everything. I think it is all been posted now but if anybody needs me to go through my EQ7 and fill in with some of the blocks for them, send me a PM and let me know.

Can't wait to see them all put together.
    I just posted my pics of my Modern BAM BOM done to the outside border. It's under pictures, and Modern Baltimore Album Quilt from BOM. I am just stuck as to what to put on the outer border....
    There is no such thing as ugly fabric...just cut it smaller!

another border for Baltimore

Earlier in the postings, Peg used this version for a border.

She also said in a posting:
    the borders are: inside border is 4" wide, outside border is 6" on the current photo, they can both be made wider to make the quilt bigger. Say in inside border can be 8" and the outside border 12". If you add another round of 12" blocks you can come to 72", appx.

Don't know if it helps but if you are interested in the swag (vs. swag of flowers) let me know because I have that in EQ7 and could probably duplicate this border on the album.
    Happy Quilting!

Has anyone finished their quilt? I would love to see pics of finished quilts. I haven't put my blocks together yet because I'm not sure if I want to add borders, etc. I'm concerned about Peg...hope she's okay.
    Lynn

She hasn't answered any of my attempts to contact her so I am getting worried also. I haven't had time to work on it anymore. Actually I have to redo my blocks so will start from scratch. I hope somebody posts how they ended it. I'd love to see them.
    Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries

baltimore blocks with peg

Hi all I also am worried about Peg hope she is ok and the family. I have decided to add another 4 blocks instead of all the borders to give me the size i want I will double on the hearts from April block the 2 photos and another one I will post photos soon as i can of the quilt I am hoping Peg will join us again.

Lovely blocks! This is what is great about the group. You can change to what you want or what will work well with whatever you need it to. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Thanks BonniFeltz i am getting impatient now and can't wait to finish the quilt. I also would love to see other blocks and how thy are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz View Post
    Lovely blocks! This is what is great about the group. You can change to what you want or what will work well with whatever you need it to. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by capucine View Post
    Hi all I also am worried about Peg hope she is ok and the family. I have decided to add another 4 blocks instead of all the borders to give me the size i want I will double on the hearts from April block the 2 photos and another one I will post photos soon as i can of the quilt I am hoping Peg will join us again.
    I agree...I know something is really wrong because Peg would have been in touch with us. Your blocks are really pretty...I love the colors and fabrics. I'm also looking forward to seeing others post their pics of finished quilts...or at least the finished quilt top...I'm still not sure how to put mine together.
    Lynn

I have sent Peg 2 private messages and have had no reply. As others, I am getting concerned but have no other way to contact her. I am in the process of putting my blocks together and will try to post when I get it done.

Blog Entries

Baltimore Block January

This is the last in the series I just finished the 4th extra blocks for the quilt I will post again when i have completed the top with all the trimmings I hope to see others work with the Baltimore quilt and still hoping and waiting for peg to reappear. Have a good day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast