Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month July 15, 2007 - Tim's Compass Star - The Photos >

Block of the Month July 15, 2007 - Tim's Compass Star - The Photos

Block of the Month July 15, 2007 - Tim's Compass Star - The Photos

Old 07-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Juju, It is easy to take offense from comments made online, because you are not looking at the person to see their emotion. Here, we can not see each other, but it is a common understanding we do not mean any offense to each other by our comments or antics. As a matter of fact, some very good friendships have been forged thanks to this board, and Tim is one of those people we consider a friend and love to have around. He gives as well as he takes, but in this case, you took offense to something that was in no way referencing you. As a friend of his, and I am sure I am speaking for others here as well, I know Tim would never say anything to offend anyone here. He is always as helpful and considerate as can be, and never offensive or insulting. I am sorry if I am not saying what you want to hear, but as his friend, I feel I have to put in my 2 cents of defense for him. Please reread his post, as was mentioned before, and you will see he was not talking to or about you.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0287.jpg   dsc_0291.jpg   dsc_0304.jpg   dsc_0329.jpg   suzibmidlands-england-atlantic.jpg  

ctmhjenn-atlantic.jpg   tlambing-atlantic.jpg   ok-darla-atlantic.jpg  
Old 07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
joy

for juju......please put all of this behind you and be your usual happy self again... let us all get on with our quilting information... one thing I have learnt in life is that "some things are not what they seem".. and the best I have done for myself is to "just get on with it"....
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0269.jpg   dsc_0275.jpg   dotie-southern-group.jpg   sherry-snare-southern-.jpg   alice-wu-southerndsc_0401.jpg  

doghousemom-southern.jpg   jannie-southern.jpg   short-sweet-southern.jpg   missgigglewings-southern.jpg   goldendog-southern.jpg  

happylab-southern-.jpg   girlscouts1-southern.jpg   chewboo-southern.jpg  
Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 PM

I agree with everyone else. Tim is a great guy and would in no way attack someone he doesn't even know. I reread the comment and I thought he was referring to kharma, not a person. It wasn't capitalized anyway. I didn't even realize we had a person named JuJu until this started. Is that a nickname for Judy? We also have someone named Mojo. Good thing he didn't say 'bad mojo', but it would mean the same thing and still in no way refer to a person.
Please, JuJu. Honestly, nothing was meant by it. We are ALL friends here, even you, if you want to be.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
juju ... i can absolutely, 1000% guarantee that Tim was not referring to you when he used the phrase "bad juju". His reply to you was also definitely NOT A CRITICISM OF YOU. It's his way of saying that he assumes you're a good person and hopes you realized he hadn't meant you.

juju is a term related to magic and mystical spirits. similar to karma. if you follow this link, you'll see what i mean and understand exactly WHAT (not WHO) Tim was talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju

there is absolutely no cause for hurt feelings.
Well, Thank you for this web site and I have2 things to say. First I wish my family had never nicked named me Juju. 2nd I had never heard of this before so there fore I thought this Tim had decided to pick on some one because they stay in the back ground and learn but not talk much to any one. I am sorry. I think if all of you stop and think. And realize you did not know of this Juju thing you just may jump to the same conclusion. Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails tumblr_mibhk6wjyk1qlaoe8o2_500.jpg   tumblr_mibhk6wjyk1qlaoe8o1_500.jpg   img_20130218_105929_zps5f80daab.jpg   img_20130218_105902_zpsda5d9ae3.jpg  
Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Administrator

stick around. get to know us. let us get to know you. you'll feel like part of an extended family in about two shakes of a lamb's tail.
:P
Attached Thumbnails p2190004-1.jpg  
Old 07-29-2007, 07:28 AM

hoooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's hear it for the peace makers.
now Juju don't just sit on the sidelines, jump in and let us hear from sometimes, share your tips and show us your work. that's how we get to know each other.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:31 AM

JuJu,
I am so glad that you decided to give us a break. We are looking forward to getting to know you, especially since we now know you are a good person. So, you got the good juju. Let us hear more from you, and thanks for understanding.
Attached Thumbnails photo-17-.jpg  
Old 07-29-2007, 08:41 AM

We have learned so much from you already...thanks for letting us know this. Please do not be shy about talking on here...we love to chat and share our things. Ability is not an issue as we are all still learning how to quilt, and each of us are developing our own style as we go along. We love to quilt and we love to be with quilters, that is why we are here. Welcome! :D
Attached Thumbnails 2013-02-04_07-00-12_494.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:08 AM

Great! Where is the pattern???
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:25 AM

it's in the "main" section under BOM July 15
Attached Thumbnails suzies.jpg   quilt-north-dakota-001.jpg   j-gs-lonestar.jpg