Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 PM

luckily the blocks are for ourselves, no "swapping" involved so if it's to hard or you dont like one? just replace it with one you like or skip that month
Originally Posted by inemmausinn
I'm late! I just got here today and I want to try this. I haven't done paper piecing before though. 27 pages deep on this message, has the question been asked: "Are all the blocks already picked? Is there a picture before I commit?"
Old 01-26-2011, 03:08 PM

Thank you Patricia! That made it so easy!

and I found this!

http://quilterscache.com/StartQuilti...tingthree.html

Easy instructions!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM

posted to this page by mistake..... taking pic to the "real" page.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Hi I haven't started my house block yet but came upon a quilt called All Around the Neighborhood. Look under fabshophop.com to look at it. I wonder if we could somehow make our houses into a neighborhood rather than just put the houses together. We would probably have to make our quilt a little larger in order to add some trees, a flag, whatever we want. Just a thought.
Jean from Pgh., PA
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by jeafro12305
Hi I haven't started my house block yet but came upon a quilt called All Around the Neighborhood. Look under fabshophop.com to look at it. I wonder if we could somehow make our houses into a neighborhood rather than just put the houses together. We would probably have to make our quilt a little larger in order to add some trees, a flag, whatever we want. Just a thought.
Jean from Pgh., PA
I've seen that one too and love it. I don't know if I will use my church and houses for that one but I certainly want to make a neighborhood!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Originally Posted by jeafro12305
Jean from Pgh., PA
I've seen that one too and love it. I don't know if I will use my church and houses for that one but I certainly want to make a neighborhood!
Me three! I wasn't nuts about doing houses but a NEIGHBORHOOD now that's a good idea. I've gotten all the houses in the shophop. I was going to make that one.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM

I had originally thought I'd increase it to 4 blocks by 4 blocks and turn the center 4 into the town square, with fun stuff, such as gazebo, christmas tree, snowmen, skating pond.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM

Are you thinking of putting a road around the inner 4 blocks to separate them from the others? Depending on how those inner blocks are separated, by inches, maybe the gazebo could be at the center. A Christmas tree could actually be inside it with lights. How would I sketch this out? Help?
Jean, Pgh., PA
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Jean,
Yes I sure did plan on putting in a road around that center block, and I thought I'd try something like fences or hedges between some of the homes. If I was adventurous, I was going to try to put footpaths in the center park. I "design" this using paper. I use graph paper most of the time, but I frequently just use regular paper the size of the block. Then I cut other pieces to lay on it (finished sizes). I cut, recut, etc. I like the playing with paper doll's method! Applique or pieced or a combination.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM

Jean,
Oops, I meant to say, the size of the road would also be part of the playing. Hadn't decided fully. It would depend on the size of the sashing between the homes.
js