Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block >

BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block

BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block

Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM

I have not tried to print this yet but I can't wait to see what everyone does with this one!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM

I am a veginner and it looks difficult. Wil be snowbound with the blizzard so I have lots of time to quilt. it really looks like the farm houses in Northern Michigan. lol and happu quilting
Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Just curious - is there anyone out there that has a Mac & has successfully printed the templates? If so, how did you do it? Mac is not compatible with Internet Ex. so those directions won't work.
I need to learn how to resize for future projects & would appreciate any tips.

For this block I found a sweet Sharon who sent me the templates via email. Love the way people share & help here.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM

There are problems printing out this pattern for the simple reason is she has too many pieces and they won't fit on 1 page. I can't reduce my margins lower than .3 which means some of the pattern pieces get cut off. I've printed them out using landscape and portrait. It would have been better if she had these as 4 or 5 templates instead of 3.

After finally getting them printed out, I had an idea which I wish I had earlier this morning. The templates are gifs which means they will open in a photo program (like Photoshop). One option would be to open the gif and by using copy and paste, turn these into smaller units. That means you may have 6 files but you won't have to worry about getting them to all fit on 1 page.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
I don't know why everyone is having a problem. Mine seem to have printed ok. Am I living in a dream world?
I got mine to print to the correct size also.
The problem may be with the different printers we are using!?
Can't wait to start this block....
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
There are problems printing out this pattern for the simple reason is she has too many pieces and they won't fit on 1 page. I can't reduce my margins lower than .3 which means some of the pattern pieces get cut off. I've printed them out using landscape and portrait. It would have been better if she had these as 4 or 5 templates instead of 3.

After finally getting them printed out, I had an idea which I wish I had earlier this morning. The templates are gifs which means they will open in a photo program (like Photoshop). One option would be to open the gif and by using copy and paste, turn these into smaller units. That means you may have 6 files but you won't have to worry about getting them to all fit on 1 page.
Laurie,
What great information that you have just shared with all of us!! :thumbup: It seems like every computer & printer has it's own way of interpreting the pattern's & we just have to see how we can make them work for us. Thank you so much for sharing.
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Well by the time this quilt is done I should be a pro at PP (not my favorite thing) Had no problem printing.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V
Originally Posted by PKWard
Having trouble with Templates A & B...only C is correct size. Anyone else? I keep trying to adjust size, but I can't get it to stay when I print. :(

Love the house though!!!
I had to enlarge the first page by 120%, the second page by 150%, and the 3rd page by 140% in order to have them all scaled to one inch on the little square.
Your numbers are about the same as mine. If anyone is having trouble, start with the above numbers, print, check, and then move up or down until you get 10 inch block.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM

OK quilter - I do understand so I will suffer and conquer for both of us. Will you do the same for me if any embroidery is needed in the future?
Originally Posted by quilter41
Originally Posted by pheasantduster
OH come on - face the challange! Hope you join us.
Originally Posted by quilter41
Are all these blocks going to be PP. Need to know because I hate PP.
Sorry but I have tried and they never come out for me. They are tedious and I hate ripping paper off. Then I am never pleased with the end result.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 PM

I should also mention that pdf documents can open in a photo program (they do in Photoshop) as well.