Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Blog Entries
    It's here the reveal woooohoooo.... http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/

Woo hoo is right! I love this quilt and can't wait to finish mine! I still need to make my sitting turkeys and then assemble the blocks and setting triangles..tomorrow is a my date with Easy Street as I am off work. I spent some time today calculating the number of units I need for making the quilt smaller (3 by 3 layout) and that comes out to about 64" and that is without borders which is plenty big for a throw quilt, which is what I want my easy street to be

Happy 2013 y'all!
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Name:  Hail in Chula Vista 003.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  242.6 KB Here's what I have so far. Looking good I like how it is turning out.

Oh pbadder, I love your fabric choices! Looks wonderful!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Pbadder, LOVE! So pretty! I so love this pattern. Made good progress today! All of my units with the exception of the four patches are done, pressed and trimmed. I still need to finish about 80 four patches and start putting the blocks together. Oh why do I have to go to work tomorrow? LOL.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries
    It's been quiet around here...I know everyone is furiously piecing! He he

All of my units are pieced, so starting step 7 triangles. Isn't Easy Street a beauty? I would never have selected something so detailed on my own!

Happy New Year all.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I have two of the main blocks along with some triangles for the edges and some of the setting blocks on my design wall. This is a big quilt so not everything that is completed will not fit in my wall. Then 14 of the main blocks are all laid out for final assembly tomorrow. Just too much for one day for me but I should get all of the blocks assembled tomorrow. I'm beginning to see the main pattern and it's better IRL than any picture! I love it! Just a hint...when Bonnie says to watch how the 4 square lines up she means it. It is really easy to get it going the right way but sew the wrong side. Just ask me how I know! It helped me to keep the units laid out in the correct pattern and take nothing for granted so the last blocks are going together with fewer visits from Froggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Xtgirl and Scraplady -- impressive! I'm still working on step 3. I feel like the little train that could as the mountain of unfinished products is getting higher and higher, but I can, I can, I....
    Belfry-- I'm skipping to #4 & coming back to #3 only Did 3 of them almost finished w/all geese. Seems I'm the caboose to your engine.

Wow gardnergal - you are going to town as well! I have all of Step 7 corner triangles done, but only two out of 12 of the pieced triangles done. I put the pieces together on my display wall and am very careful in how I take each section down and sew them. I did get a couple of the pieces on wrong - so easy to do. Needless to say I have not started Step 8 yet. I'm going to put some more on the display wall this evening to get ready to sew. Good to hear from everyone, I agree Fraew, it has been quiet! I hope everyone is enjoying the process. The pieces fit together so beautifully!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

For a while. Really thought I might be disappointed with the finished project as I was looking forward to one of her crazy intricate mysteries, but wow I really like it. I've been looking for pics on the Internet to see how different color combos look..I am worried about my piecing though. I just did a much easier quilt and I need to moreover my accuracy for sure..hope my skills don't affect this beauty
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Hi All, I have finally arrived at my desination and have unpacked almost everything...I am way behind but i do have all the information (pdf"s 1-8) and I'll be working on this project in between a couple of others that need to be done in the next few weeks.. I'm a little confused...Bonnie says that the blocks are set on point...when looking at the finished quilt I don't see the blocks set on point...am I missing something???

Honchey, you'll see it by looking at how she begins laying out her blocks. First the 16 on point, then fill in with the set of 9, and add the side triangles and corners. It's amazing.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I have a four block corner on my working wall. I want the fat turkey spikes to show more so I'm sewing a lighter larger fabric over the first ears. if that makes sense. I'll have a photo to share in a day or two but I got sidetracked by the gift of a treadle sewing machine yesterday.

I counted all my pieces last night to make sure I have enough and I do. I need to square up, trim and cut all the extra credit stuff to be able to start putting the sections together. Did anyone figure out how many pieces we worked with. I've never done something so intricate and I've never done anything on point. Hope I can pull it off. Will be interested to see your results Kalama.....
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Gardengal, wow girl! Way to go! Someone already sent Bonnie a photo of her finished quilt and Bonnie shared it on her blog. Gotta love speedy quilters
    Honchey, yes, look at the diagram on the last clue and you'll see how all the blocks are set on point. It is hard to tell though because the setting triangles are pieced as well. I really love this pattern.
    Kalama,yes, makes sense and please share a photo when you get a chance.
    Xtgirl, I haven't counted how many pieces are in this quilt, but I can tell you for a fact not nearly as much as in last mystery quilt! Surely I expanded mine last year but counted well over 7500 pieces! I'll have hubby count when I finish this one,lol, he loves doing that. And putting blocks on point isn't hard, just take your time and check against the diagram often as it is easy to get confused. At least for me lol.

Ok, here is a pic of a couple blocks laid out. Since the photo I have finished making one of each blocks and finished piecing my four patches. Have the rest of the blocks stacked the way they should go and will be piecing as I can. Sis and her baby are coming to visit me next week and I doubt I'll get much sewing done, but I am in no hurry, this is my spring quilt and I have until March to work on it

Attachment 385621
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by candi; 01-03-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

Blog Entries
    Beautiful candi!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

That is looking great Candi! I had to get some more green, I ran out! Glad to get them today, so I have more variety in the setting triangles.

xtgirl- I agree with Candi, this had much fewer pieces than her last two mysteries that I did. Check out Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, and Orca Bay - there are photos of them on the board.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I had to take time out today to do laundry and shop so I still have 5 A blocks to do. I'm really liking this quilt. Does anyone know if the magazine Quiltmaker is sold in stores or do I have to subscribe? I think I'd like to try the one Bonnie will do there this year. I haven't been able to find it yet.

I subscribe to Quiltmaker - it is the best quilting magazine I have found. I have subscribed to many and don't find a thing I like in them, so I don't renew. Her next mystery is going to be in the spring issue, and she is using Christmas fabric in the mystery! I saw a sample of the fabric on the Quiltmaker website, I was looking to find a link, but did not see it now! You might be able to find the magazine at Joann's - they have lots of magazines or Barnes & Noble.

Blog Entries
    I haven't been on the board in a few days, been working on Easy Street. Putting together the side triangles first, then the 4 corners, but I had to put together each of Block A and Block B just to see how they look. Will add pictures, but these don't show them sewn together yet, need to take a few more pictures. Am excited to get this one together, my first mystery and I think I'm hooked. Will post my progress. Love seeing some of the others and the gorgeous colors picked.

Last edited by Dolly's sister; 01-03-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: pics

Easy Street

I decided to make my Easy Street a wall hanging. I think it makes the design look different when you make it smaller. This is not the greatest picture, but I didn't have real good lighting.

Oh wow, Dolly's Sister - I have not tried to assemble the Step 8 blocks yet - yours are gorgeous!

Skowron - That turned out beautiful! It makes a great wall hanging!

You guys make me want to finish Step 7 (I'm getting there!), so I can make those larger blocks!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Oh wow, Dolly's Sister - I have not tried to assemble the Step 8 blocks yet - yours are gorgeous!

Skowron - That turned out beautiful! It makes a great wall hanging!

You guys make me want to finish Step 7 (I'm getting there!), so I can make those larger blocks!
    Ditto to all of what she said. He he

I think I can. I think I can.
    Fraew

Very pretty ladies love the wallhanging too! I am making mine a throw quilt with 3x3 layout. And on that note, I better go sew for a bit before going to work lol.
    Candi
    My etsy Store:

don't know if anyone has mentioned it but there are two corrections, in clue 4 and 6, the pdf has been corrected now. Just a little more cutting than we did.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast