Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Yes, I got the magazine in the mail on Friday. There are six colors and they are similar to Easy Street, it is called Lazy Sunday: light prints, chartreuse, purple/lavender, dark pinks, orange and teal. But there are three other color ways that other members of the magazine are doing. One is Christmas (which I think I would like to do), one Seascape and one Modern. These people are not doing scrappy, but only using six different colors. It seems like a lot of fabric, as I'm use to doing the scrappy versions of her quilts.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I have all my triangles done and have started piecing block B. I'll get those 9 done and then do block A. I did not sew the double bricks for block A. I think I'm going to try using a single B&W fabric instead.

Blog Entries
    Making progress on the "Quilt That Never Ends".

I am piecing the blocks back together in the rows that they will be sewn in...trying to convince myself that this really is not the same project!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I finished my quilt! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - it took forever!!!! I will not be able to get a photo of it until next week, as we are leaving for a camping trip with our RV group on Sunday. We will be home late Thursday!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

@Fraew - go go go!!! It is NOT the same project. You turned it into a whole new one! Really

@JeanieG - can't wait to see your pics! Have FUN camping.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    @SheriR: Laugh it up there buddy!

@JeanieG: Finished? And we have to wait for a pic while you have a great time camping? Someone call the quilt police please! Have fun and be safe.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

My flimsy is complete with borders.
    http://quiltvillemysterykalamaquilts.blogspot.com/
    on to the next thing

Great colors in your quilt Kalama. It is such a great feeling when you finish these quilts!

Easy Street finally put together!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0143.JPG 
Views:	272 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	395434

Hello all, I have enjoyed looking at everyone's Easy Street finishes. I finally finished mine. While I would love to put a border on it, I think I will just quilt and bind. I want to put it on a full size bed and it is the right size for that without borders but the main reason is that my long arm frame will not hold a size any larger than this.

I definitely learned a few things from this quilt. I had never sewn pieces this small and I thought I would never figure out how to use that companion angle ruler but lo and behold, I finally got the hang of it.

Also, thanks everyone for your comments on this thread. I never posted anything but I read everything and that helped me with problems that came up because what I had a question about, someone else usually had the same problem and then another one of you had the answer. Thanks again!

Beautiful q.alba! And I love it without a border too. Welcome to the board

I finished binding my easy street yetserday and will be posting a picture later today or tomorrow, thrilled with it, I think it is my favorite quilt for now lol.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    That's beautiful q.alba. Looks great without a border. Give yourself a big pat on the back, you should be very proud.

q.alba - your quilt turned out great. I finished mine too, but just have not got a photo of it yet. Will try to do that today!

As promised! My quilted and bound take on Easy Street. I call it Spring Melody and I love it! Thank you Bonnie for sharing this awesome quilt with us.

Name:  P2160016.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  153.4 KB

Name:  P2160022.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  1.58 MB
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    Candi, that's fantastic.

Great job Candi! I love the top and bottom border you added - great touch! The quilting looks fantastic too!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Wow everyones quilt is beautiful! Well this weekend I completed steps 3 thru 6 and an ready to start step 7 (Monday) can't wait to get it done. I used the colors Bonnie did as it was a mystery and sometimes do not trust my colors choices combos and since it was my first mystery with Bonnie I followed her choices. When I get my flimsy done will post a picture. Good night everyone
    ​Christine

Last night I got all the rows pieced and pressed for the A blocks. I've been admiring my 16 neat little stacks but too tired to start putting them together tonight. I've got all my triangles and B blocks completed, so am starting to get close to final assembly. This is my third Bonnie mystery and I used her colors, too. The only thing I did differently was to use a single black on white 3.5" square instead of all the double bricks. :-)
    Laura

Finally finished my Easy Street flimsy week before last. Just now got around to getting a photo. It is a little too busy for me, but am so glad it is finished!

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Looks great JeanieG! Can't wait to get mine finished working slowly on step #7
    ​Christine

Jeanie I love it! Congrats on your finish. I'm still stuck deciding on a border. Easy street keeps me company while I work on other projects.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

That turquoise border is terrific!!
    Laura

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'm just so glad to have another top finished! I have so many UFO's in my closet! Most just need quilting.

Wow , they are all really beautiful. I only joined QB a few days ago otherwise I would have joined in. I was doing easy street but I got really sick and got really behind as a consequence. In the process of setting up a log cabin that my beloved built for me. Once I have all my stash etc organised I will get easy street back out and get it finished. I was going to have to send it to a long armer to get it quilted because my hands are not good enough to hand quilt now. I have a brand new grace queen and a Janome 1600p so I will be quilting it on that once I have had a practic e etc. Once I have finished piecing top I will post a photo.
    Candy I love your borders they are beautiful. I did not have the colours Bonnie used so I used fabrics from my scraps/stash apart from a beautiful grey with a butterfly pattern on. It is so nice to see how many people used different colours and how amazing they all look.Her patterns are great for that.

Jeanie- congrats on the flimsy finish!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

First time posting on this thread and I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures! I'm a little over half done sewing my rows together so should be able to finish that up tomorrow. I'll think about borders then. I'm wondering if any of you have quilted your Easy Street...the full size Easy Street...on your domestic sewing machine? I'll probably attempt that myself and would like thoughts and ideas on how to do it. Thanks!
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast