Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Welcome! This is going to be so much fun. It will be nice to "meet" so many new faces and to "talk" to old friends from FWS. Bev, if you can miter, you can Y seam. I've been practicing and finally something clicked and they all fit (well, with a little clipping, trimming, ironing LOL). Can't wait til we start.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Welcome Termi and dublb! So glad you joined our group!

<--- Gallops in …. to see what all you CowGals have been up to this week while I was away.
    And me-thinks we need some
    Christmas spirit here, so will do multi-colours for you!! along with a compendium of notes to one and all, so, please do read on, y'all!!
    >
    And now I've had all kinds of problems in posting my response ... will shut down, and re-boot and see if that sorts itself out.

So check in later, and I'll be back this way again soon.
    (Computers ... gotta love them, but there are times!!!!!!!!!)
    >
    Computers C
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Hi! I just found this today. Ordered my book. Will start pulling fabrics later today. I was too late to start any of the Farmer's Wife groups and knew I would never do it on my own. This sounds charming. I think I subscribed to the thread but I'm not real sure how this new set-up works. I will try to keep up! After Christmas I hope to learn to add pictures - this will be an amazing learning experience!
    Cherylsea

Trotting back in here, to try again!

And now I see,
    CherylSea has joined into this adventure! Welcome!

Now I'll try to continue with what I was trying to post before. hhhhhmmmmmmm??? Wonder were the cyber-gremlins sending me a message?

First of all
    THANKS for missing me. When I am gone from the home-front, I go sans-computer! Talk about withdrawal!!! Though, I did have a quilty-fix and visited SheilaH's LQS. Unfortunately she was under the weather, and we weren't able to meet Talk about one lucky lady to have such a great LQS. Lots of colour, large florals, though no PC novelties! Maybe it's a good thing, that I don't live near that shop? Of course, I "had" to bring home a few souvenirs. If you'd like a wee peek, checkout the current issue of Quilt Sampler, as it's one of the featured shops.

I've missed our chats, so now am trying to dig out from the backlog IRL, decorate for Christmas, write cards, and last night decided I'd better get started on my gift for the exchange at my "adopted" family Christmas. Don't want to have to pull an all-nighter on Christmas Eve!! So now ... I'll try to catch up with this thread ...........

OKSewGlad ... Yeaaaaa!!!!!! I knew you wouldn't hold true to your word. Glad that we've drawn you into the Posse!!

VioletsFarm ... Great that you are in too. It gets lonely in the FWS threads at times, so please join OK, myself and a few others, in addying your FWS blocks. Besides the Pioneer FWS Ladies have been soo good with the oooohs and aaaaahs to we LateComers!!

To the Many FWSPC Newbies ... Welcome y'all!!!! It's so good to have you trotting along on the FWSPC with us. I'll look forward to getting to know you better along the trails and at the campfires!!

MiraBelle ... Your fabrics sound nicely American .... though that's YOUR country colours, too, right? Would you please post us a pic? As for those UFO/WIP/PhDs, if you do them, then you won't have any. That' just SO wrong!!! *giggles*

Speaking of Pictures!!!!!!!!! ... where are they my dear Cowgirls?? Pleeeeeeease do show us your FWSPC that you've set aside, ready and waiting!

JanieW ... Hope you are at less than a million now! There's very lucky L'il Cowboy/girl preemies who get to cuddle up in your tiny quilts! What size do you make them?

EarlyBird FWSPC'ers ... Good for you and your keen enthusiasm! I am SO tempted and itchy fingered to try a block. then I come back to reality and remember I WANT to complete my FWS blocks before PC starts. Would someone please take my PC CD from me? So far, I have not tempted fate by inserting it to see what it beholds, as I am sure then I will go beyond. NOW WAY, Jose! NOT until January 3rd!!! I can resist .......................... maybe??

Honchey
    ... I'm already missing you, and I haven't been here during your computer troubles. Hopefully, you can get things sorted out very quickly! I bet your DS is keeping you up to date though!

Carolyn, our pseudo-Honchey ... Welcome!! When you offered to be the go between via email, did you mean PMs? Have we recruited you to join the FWSPC? Sure would be nice to have you along!

DublB ... good spirit there!! I like the way you think Ys are not Ys, merely miniature mitred corners!! We CAN all do this, for sure!! And for those that hesitate on mitred corners, they'll soon be ready to do them without a 2nd thought!

JanRN ... SEE!!! I knew you could do it!! Though not fair for racing ahead, and shoing us up!!! Glad that you are feeling better about what is to come. As for me, as above, I'm in ignore mode at this time!!

And now,
    MY CONFESSION ... While away, I took my PC book to read, and I started to panic at the complexity of the work to come. Then I settled myself down and said, no need to fret now .... lots of time for that in 2012, along with the others! And besides, if I don't try new and different things, how can I ever get better as a quilter? (as I offer huge praises for FWS and my discovering PPing wasn't so bad as I had convinced myself it was!)

And for
    Those Who Have FEAR, doubt and worry about proceeding with the FWSPC ... please remember what FEAR really is .........
    False
    Evidence
    Appearing
    Real !!!!!!

So NOTHING to FEAR, right?

Hi, I see my posse is doin' okay...My new computer should be up and running in a few more days...I still have some accounts that need to be canceled.
    I'm writing this at my work computer so please don't ask me anything directly as I'm really not allowed to do anything personal on it.
    Both my coworker and manager are out sick and I've been filling in for them. I sold 2 little machines Thursday. Yay for me
    To all the new members I'm so glad that you're joing us.."Welcome". Keep up the good work while I'm unable to communicate. Later, Honchey

Yeaaaaaaaa!!! for you Honchey .... glad that you were able to sneak onto the Board while at work!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the sales and consider your Board time a reward for jobs well done!!

See you back with us soon!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Well, I went back and made a list of those who are with us on the Pony Club Quilt. I came up with 17 who said they were going to join our group. How cool is that??? I did not count those just asking questions and such.
    Jeanie, could you list the brave souls? Or would it be too much trouble?
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Hi everyone; looks like quite a trail ride forming up...lots of "riders" on this roundup. Hope Honchey gets her computer going soon to lead us onward. I am getting excited. BIL is putting more memory into my computer on the 24th of this month and in March I will be going into a new computer that DD and DS and BIL is figuring out for me. I just go along with them & my checkbook. Could be a few bumps in the road going toward that goal.

I broke down and made my Grandmothers cinnamon rolls yesterday and two loaves of bread. May have to post her old way, as the ones on the internet are different from hers. Not good for diets or diabetic persons. My dh is diabetic, but the cinnamon helps to reduce his blood sugars.

Yes, I have collected quite a stash of pieces for this "pony ride". Still checking into the photos to possibly copy for the quilt. It will be made for our grandson. One and only grandchild that we have. May have to take a photo of it later to post.

Back to finishing the Christmas quilts for couple of dh great nephews. And moving forward on the 6 wall hangings "Gone fishing" memory panels honoring dh Father for relatives. And the Hawkeye table runners. And deciding the "how" of finishing off the FWQ now on visual board...handquilting or machine in rows or all together or just to tie it. May just put it on my Grace quilting frame and tie it after the Holidays.

Looking forward to seeing all the new blocks from everyone on this trail ride. Forward, Ho!!!

Looks like lots is happening for you QNinaSue ... updates and new computer!! yeehaw! And talk about being a busy lady with all your To Do List! One lucky DGS to be honoured with your PC quilt! It'll be fun for you to remember your pony past as you create for him .... and perhaps stir up his interest in ponies too?

clip-clop-clip-clop!

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    Jeanie, could you list the brave souls? Or would it be too much trouble?
    Sure enough - here is what I come up with!

1. Honchey
    2. QuiltE
    3. Anael
    4. mirabelle
    5. wendig
    6. Evie
    7. JanieW
    8. QuiltingNinaSue
    9. JeanieG
    10. violetsfarm
    11. Murphy1
    12. WholeheartMom
    13. janRN
    14. DonnaC
    15. pamesue
    16. gardnergal970
    17. ProlongarmArt
    18. Termi
    19. Dublb
    20. Cherylsea

Let me know if I have missed anyone please and I'll add them to the list.

Did you hear back from Patrice, Honchey, about putting an announcement in the Main section???

I think this would be the thread that you were inquiring about?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...b-t170908.html

Also, what about??
    OKSewGlad -- earlier in this thread I took it that she was "in"
    SheilaH -- I don't think she's shown up in this thread, though was saddling up a little while ago
    LindaR -- mentioned she has to get the book. Not sure if that meant she was "in" or checking it out?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 12-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I think this would be the thread that you were inquiring about?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...b-t170908.html

Also, what about??
    OKSewGlad -- earlier in this thread I took it that she was "in"
    SheilaH -- I don't think she's shown up in this thread, though was saddling up a little while ago
    LindaR -- mentioned she has to get the book. Not sure if that meant she was "in" or checking it out?
    oksewglad said on post #36 "ok, maybe", so I did not include her. Don't know about a SheilaH, and LindaR did not commit for sure, just asked where to get the book. I sure hope these gals want to come "play" with us! LOL

Gotchya! ... I think SheilaH's commitment was somewhere else, than in a PC thread. I'll get on my Lil Pony and ride on out to check on SheilaH and OKSewGlad, as I'm pretty sure both are with us.

Yes, LindaR, really didn't say yes .... so LindaR, please come on back and tell us so!

I was sure I wasn't going totally nuts, so went back to the earlier thread that Laurie's designer had started. That's the one we were Pony Club Kibbitzing on before the Honchey's "official" December announcement!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...159381-15.html

Page 15, Post #145, SheilaH jumped in the saddle .... I'll SOS her to get on over to this thread and make it officially official!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh there may be one mustang elusive to the rope, QE!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I was sure I wasn't going totally nuts, so went back to the earlier thread that Laurie's designer had started. That's the one we were Pony Club Kibbitzing on before the Honchey's "official" December announcement!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...159381-15.html

Page 15, Post #145, SheilaH jumped in the saddle .... I'll SOS her to get on over to this thread and make it officially official!!!
    You have a great memory QuiltE! I'll add SheilaH to the list!!! She makes 21.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Oh there may be one mustang elusive to the rope, QE!

Playing hard to get, are you?
    Oh I love's me a good challenge!!!!!
    **swings the lasso high overhead**
    *snap .... almost gotchya*

*giggles*

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    You have a great memory QuiltE! I'll add SheilaH to the list!!! She makes 21.
    *moseying on in to the saloon!*
    Hey .... just keepin' track of my fellow Canucks!!

As for OKSG .... tough one ..... we'll nab her yet!
    (I've offered a bribe!)

I feel like we are all gathering at the St Louis Arch ready to ride West; guess I had better get my chuckwagon loaded up and ready to roll. Hope there are enough sharp shooters in the group that hunt to supply the meat. Give me a line and a pole and I will catch a few fish. Have plenty of sweet potatoes on hand. lol!!!

Who had the donkey material?? I want to trade or buy a fat quarter; that is the Missouri State emblem and they take the big Jacka## seriously here...at the Show-me state. Lilke the Texans do with their Beer-in-the-Rear-chicken and Buffalo Chip Cookies.

Not a bad sized group at all; considering we have not started yet...offically. Sounds like fun to me.

Hi everyone, gee what a fun chat to read, just as well I watched a lot of John Wayne westerns when I was a kid
    I have 2 ufo's left now so it's looking good for a January finish on them. The wip's are long term projects, but I am not counting the 10 quilts I want to make and have purchased the fabric for. I know quilters have a problem but the medical profession hasn't come up with a cure for it yet
    Hope my photo works, this is the fabric I am using for my PC quilt. I am using a cream background and will add in other fabrics from my stash. I have 40 fq's, hope it is enough, will choose one fabric and purchase more for the sashing and borders before it becomes unavailable.
    Only 3 weeks to go (give or take a few days),
    I have included a photo of my guard dog who "guards" me while I sit and sew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Oh Mirabelle ... your fabrics look wonderfully coordinated. Love the mix of the softness of the prints with the stars and stripes!

40 FQs .... there's only 90 blocks to do! so I would think you have more than enough!!!

Can't wait! Can't wait!!!
    (though I can wait on that first block!)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    I feel like we are all gathering at the St Louis Arch ready to ride West; guess I had better get my chuckwagon loaded up and ready to roll. Hope there are enough sharp shooters in the group that hunt to supply the meat. Give me a line and a pole and I will catch a few fish. Have plenty of sweet potatoes on hand. lol!!!

Who had the donkey material?? I want to trade or buy a fat quarter; that is the Missouri State emblem and they take the big Jacka## seriously here...at the Show-me state. Lilke the Texans do with their Beer-in-the-Rear-chicken and Buffalo Chip Cookies.

Not a bad sized group at all; considering we have not started yet...offically. Sounds like fun to me.
    mmmmmm!!!! Looks like you are a-gonna feed us well on the trails!

Bet JanRN never thought her donkey material would be in such high demand!
    Them there mules are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    This is going to be fun! I hope . . . .
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

JanRN had the Donkey Fabric. LOL

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast