Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 130

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along week 13 Photo Page -Blocks 25 & 26

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Here is # 25-- # 26 is still cooking!!! Anne

    Block # 25 Cups & Saucers
    Name:  Attachment-95060.jpe
Views: 597
Size:  121.8 KB

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North DFW
    Posts
    598
    Here's my #25. #24 AND #26 still on the burner. Sigh....
    Attached Images Attached Images


  3. #3
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Here are my blocks for #25 and 26. I just want to say how much I have enjoyed participating in this group. Thanks to all of you. Violet
    Attached Images Attached Images


  4. #4
    Super Member MrsM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hoosick Falls, NY
    Posts
    2,093
    Wow, you must be happy with them.

  5. #5
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Yummy blocks, y'all! I almost forgot that it's "new blocks" day today. Here are my 25 & 26.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  6. #6
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    beautiful blocks, every one of them. weezie, your background fabric in #25 looks like steam coming up from a nice warm cup of tea.

  7. #7
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Yummy blocks, y'all! I almost forgot that it's "new blocks" day today. Here are my 25 & 26.
    Weezie, I love the combination on block #25--I want to use orange in block 27 Darting Birds. You know orange sunset with the blackbirds going south?? I just have to dig for the right shade of orange. Maybe use a batik for the background.

    Would you believe--- I finished # 26 and I'm looking at it quizzickly-- and I know it's not right--I go to the book and look at the picture--The little HST's are mirror imaged--BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I am leaving it the way it is!!! I cannot deal with it anymore,, On to # 27. Anne

  8. #8
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Weezie, I love the combination on block #25--I want to use orange in block 27 Darting Birds. You know orange sunset with the blackbirds going south?? I just have to dig for the right shade of orange. Maybe use a batik for the background.

    Would you believe--- I finished # 26 and I'm looking at it quizzickly-- and I know it's not right--I go to the book and look at the picture--The little HST's are mirror imaged--BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I am leaving it the way it is!!! I cannot deal with it anymore,, On to # 27. Anne
    Thanks, Anne. I love the blue w/roses you used. I'm not too thrilled by most of the photos I submit; colors are often not very true, but my Block #25 is fairly close. I've noticed the only things that really show up well are all the loose threads & lint that I don't see before I snap the pictures. I tried using my new scanner, but the results are even worse than the digital camera.

    Good luck on finding your block 27 sunset. My Darting Birds are bright green (must be tropical!).

  9. #9
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Weezie, I love the combination on block #25--I want to use orange in block 27 Darting Birds. You know orange sunset with the blackbirds going south?? I just have to dig for the right shade of orange. Maybe use a batik for the background.

    Would you believe--- I finished # 26 and I'm looking at it quizzickly-- and I know it's not right--I go to the book and look at the picture--The little HST's are mirror imaged--BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I am leaving it the way it is!!! I cannot deal with it anymore,, On to # 27. Anne
    Thanks, Anne. I love the blue w/roses you used. I'm not too thrilled by most of the photos I submit; colors are often not very true, but my Block #25 is fairly close. I've noticed the only things that really show up well are all the loose threads & lint that I don't see before I snap the pictures. I tried using my new scanner, but the results are even worse than the digital camera.

    Good luck on finding your block 27 sunset. My Darting Birds are bright green (must be tropical!).
    I use the scanner and click on tools then crop and then color adjustment. My scanning is generally dull so I brighten it up until it looks like the actual block. I'm new to scanning and was so happy to do it this way. Anne

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest Falls, CA, USA
    Posts
    156
    Here are mine. I'm on block 84 and successfully used up my scraps in the box; I've had to start cutting into fat quarters (which now are more scraps, LOL!).
    Attached Images Attached Images


  11. #11
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    Here are mine. I'm on block 84 and successfully used up my scraps in the box; I've had to start cutting into fat quarters (which now are more scraps, LOL!).
    I love the paisley squares soooo pretty!!

  12. #12
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    These are all so pretty--and so well done! Have to find camera and will post tomorrow. Great jobs everyone!!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    69
    All of the blocks are beautiful. The different colors and prints are amazing. I have enjoyed this project but have not learned how to post the pictures. Will have my grandchildren teach me real soon.

  14. #14
    Senior Member grannyQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Iowa
    Posts
    603
    Blog Entries
    31
    Very pretty blocks everyone. Here is mine

    Cups & Saucers
    Name:  Attachment-109470.jpe
Views: 83
Size:  39.4 KB

    Cut Glass Dish
    Name:  Attachment-109471.jpe
Views: 73
Size:  40.3 KB

  15. #15
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Weezie, your blocks are very nice, great fabrics. Violet

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    421
    Everyone's blocks are so pretty. I love this quilt along.

  17. #17
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    So busy. Glad I made these last week. Used the Yahoo group's pp, discovered they print too small and wasn't so concerned with matching up anything after that. lol Back to making my own patterns. "Just add a piece of painters tape to problem blocks and deal with them later" is my current motto.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  18. #18
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Great blocks everyone! Hopefully get caught up with you this weekend, have been gone for 3 weeks on an RV trip.

  19. #19
    Junior Member Qbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pontiac, Illinois
    Posts
    141
    Absolutly beautiful fabric and perfection in piecing. You are a marvel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Here is # 25-- # 26 is still cooking!!! Anne

  20. #20
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    The blocks are just sooo pretty! Congratulations to each of you!

    Here are my blocks for this week...
    Attached Images Attached Images


  21. #21
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,889
    Pretty blocks ya'all.

    Someday soon I will get back to mine when school not in the way. Hopefully Thanksgiving time.

  22. #22
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    The blocks are just sooo pretty! Congratulations to each of you!

    Here are my blocks for this week...
    Great looking blocks !
    I'm still working on #26-- I had to walk away from it. Anne

  23. #23
    Super Member gcathie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Ohio
    Posts
    3,270
    here are mine
    Attached Images Attached Images


  24. #24
    Super Member plainjane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,811
    Blog Entries
    62
    WOW! Looks like those were "laiser" sewn! So inspiring!

  25. #25
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Blocks 25 & 26
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.