Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. >

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by mstandridge
i posted my block on the pattern site I was to excited to get in in. but I limited my points because I want to keep my stars to a limited number of fabrics i am going to check into some additonal colors that I plan to put into the sashing and outside border when finished it will add a teal color then i may redo this star with the additonal color.
I was challenged to try and make the entire pp block so went out and got the additional fabric WOW what a difference but boy was alot of work! But I am so happy with the results!

Thanks for the little encouragement to push myself.
Very pretty. I'm glad you went back and tried pp again. I'm still working on my star for Feb. Hoping to get it finished soon.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I need some help, still learning about color value.
This is also for my QOV.
Beautiful choice of fabrics! Lovely!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Well, here's my Feb Star BOM. I must be one of those people who learn by their mistakes. If so, I am sure learning! This is my Valentine BOM - vivid I know lol
My white fabric was white on white and, of course, after checking all eight pieces realized the white was on the wrong side on three triangles. Rip out and start over but easier because my adjoining pieces were already cut. Despite a lot of work I did enjoy learning. By December I am going to be a wiz in pp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing everyone's combination of fabrics - envy your talents in choosing choices of colors. thank you.
Beautiful block!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
I finished my star today.. here is the picture.. I love the pattern and had lots of fun making it.

Jen
Love the colours in your block! Looks really lovely!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Snow came in and gave me an excuse to sew. I am doing 2 stars each month and I want to use only dark blues and whites. This was a challenge. Points are not exact and I did not finish pressing and squaring but I am happy with both of them.
Gorgeous blocks!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by AddieLou
Originally Posted by AddieLou
I have never paper pieced before. My first attempt was a failure - totally messed up the technique. Second attempt technique was better, made the whole star, but don't like the color combination. Not enough contrast. Third attempt - technique seems under control, I am satisfied with my colors, but I messed up the order of where some of the colors were supposed to go (used some B colors on the A side). Sooo - hopefully attempt number 4 will be a success!
Here is number 4 - my first ever paper pieced block!

What fun!!
Well done! It is GORGEOUS!! Love the fabric choices and it looks fantastic! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
here's my stars. i fixed the friendship star afterwards. but i kept looking at it and thinking, i don't like it. why???? duh. don't sew and have a 14 month old try and get in your sewing stuff at the same time......
Love your stars!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Here is mine. One thing I learned was not to trim the outside edges until all four quadrants are joined. I came up a tad short on the lower gold piece.
Love your fabric choices and the colour combination! It is lovely.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
OK after going thru the pages and cking out all the wonderful colorful diff stars...Congrats to all you quilters and your BOM "stars"
I'm posting the two I did...The first I was lazy and didn't want to put any thought into color combo's so just used one Batik...BLAH....but not horrible...
Today I decided to put more thought into it and got a much better result...Colors with this camera not so good but Navy, Red, white, Gold, Brown and beige with stars
Nice ones! Like the Batik one as it is different from everyone else's.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:44 PM

i posted my block on the pattern site I was to excited to get in in. but I limited my points because I want to keep my stars to a limited number of fabrics i am going to check into some additonal colors that I plan to put into the sashing and outside border when finished it will add a teal color then i may redo this star with the additonal color.
I was challenged to try and make the entire pp block so went out and got the additional fabric WOW what a difference but boy was alot of work! But I am so happy with the results!

Thanks for the little encouragement to push myself.
Gorgeous! It was gorgeous the first time round and now it is even MORE GORGEOUS! The added colours liven up the block! Good choice.

:thumbup: :thumbup: