Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 22 Block #43 Hope & Block #44 Iris

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 22 Block #43 Hope & Block #44 Iris

Hi Everyone, I can't believe how time flies. 2 more weeks and it will be 6 months into this quiltalong...

Anyone have blocks to show? I have a lot of catching up to do..

These are my Hope & Iris blocks but as you can see Hope is backwards. Not sure if I'll leave it or re due??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I'll bat lead off here, Anne. Surprise--these are not Hope & Iris. I just didn't love those blocks so found some to substitute that I like. Anxious to see what everyone else did with these.Name:  FW 43& 44.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  561.3 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Buddy's mom, we were posting at the same time. I like your blocks--I just couldn't get them to work in batiks. As for backwards, no such thing--flowers grow in all directions. Great job & fabric choices.

WOW, there stunning blocks. Thanks I will most likely use my hope block as is.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I'll bat lead off here, Anne. Surprise--these are not Hope & Iris. I just didn't love those blocks so found some to substitute that I like. Anxious to see what everyone else did with these.Name:  FW 43& 44.jpg
Size:  561.3 KB
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Great job. Ladies and a hard act to follow. Just have the Hope block done; I am cooking for the 'pot luck' tomorrow...Pork loin with apples and brown sugar, Green beans in Dutch Over with bacon,, and Sweet potatoes with apples, broan sugar and butter. And Cinnamon Rolls.

Name:  1-DSCN0335.JPG
Size:  57.1 KBHope of all mankind; honors the Star that lead the wise men to Baby Jesus. Hope springs eternally for all mankind as long as we breathe and beyond.

Pretty colorful blocks this week..I saw yours first Jan and thought..these are easy blocks then realized they are substitutions

Hello Buddy'sMom, nice to meet you! I love your vintage fabrics..I have some bits & pieces from maybe 20-25 yrs ago..I'm always checking wherever I travel to add to my collection.. I've seen all your other blocks and you are very accomplished in this art.. keep it up

Nna, I'm going to start saving all your little messages..they are so on point..

Thanks so much, nice to meet all you ladies as well, I always try and get 30's fabric's as well, do have some vintage but as I said using them on my vintage quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Pretty colorful blocks this week..I saw yours first Jan and thought..these are easy blocks then realized they are substitutions

Hello Buddy'sMom, nice to meet you! I love your vintage fabrics..I have some bits & pieces from maybe 20-25 yrs ago..I'm always checking wherever I travel to add to my collection.. I've seen all your other blocks and you are very accomplished in this art.. keep it up

Nna, I'm going to start saving all your little messages..they are so on point..
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Here is my Hope while I play catch up! Welcome Buddy'smom, glad you are here : ) Love your blocks Jan! They look harder to me! QNS, I want to join your potluck!

Blog Entries
    I love watching all the variations that pop up whether it's in the fabric or different blocks....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I can't think it will matter if a block is backwards or not because they look nice either way. Stars are always looking good in Christmas prints. :-) That Scottie print is a winner too-- how cute is that! I have to get busy, I'm behind again.

QNS, love the bright colors you chose. Pam those scotties are too cute!! I'm loving all these different interpretations, so inspiring.

Pam, those little Scotties are precious and JanRN, your batiks are so pretty. You're right -- I like your tulip much better than this week's iris.
    Name:  Hope and Iris.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  217.9 KB

Wow, Katy, your points are perfect! Love the colors in your blocks even funky Iris block LOL.

Hope and Iris

Idid it I did it I did it....I'm caught up except for a few back in Sept. that I will work on in the next few weeks. But I'm caught up here, and can now work on a couple other projects to catch up on. I do hate being so far behind, but can't help it when you move cross country. Thanks for all the other compliments on the posts I added yesterday. Katie

"Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    I think once you get the iris set without the seam allowances exposed you will like the block better..just saying..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    These are my Hope & Iris blocks but as you can see Hope is backwards. Not sure if I'll leave it or re due??
    Cute blocks!!

Margie07, Maybe you would like to join us and make some too? :-)

Thank you is anyone else PP and if so are you having any trouble with backward blocks?
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I'm paper piecing and some of the blocks are backwards, but since my printer isn't fancy enough to mirror image print and after fiddling around with retracing the block pattern, I decided nobody will know they're backwards but us.

same here and I tried once to change the block (can't remember which one) but it was too much trouble for me (don't really have those skills) so I'm with katybob, I just make it how it ends up. I have a LOT of catching up to do too.

Thank you, I'm gonna leave the one and try and re due the other.

Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    I'm paper piecing and some of the blocks are backwards, but since my printer isn't fancy enough to mirror image print and after fiddling around with retracing the block pattern, I decided nobody will know they're backwards but us.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Hi, I'm confused, this block does not need to be mirror imaged, just rotated to the right. right???

Pam P, maybe it was the Daffodil block? Rotating Hope, it will be the same... I agree with katybob-- the blocks will only seem backwards to us because we saw them originally the other way.

Well I did re due my one block and it's the right way this time. When everyone started this did you start with the first block in the book? Just want to try and catch up. Thanks.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast