Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page  Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy

Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM

OOOoooooooooooooooHHHhhhh more Prettys
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Thanks JeanieG, as always lots of kind words from you. Have you started your blocks yet or have I missed them
I did "A Dandy" already, and am working on "A Beauty". I also did kind of what you did, but not using the freezer paper. I used the templates, and am sewing on the sewing line, it seems to be working well, but the corners do not look quite as good as the ones posted here!!! My sewing machine was not sounding happy, so I took it in for a good cleaning (electronic so you can only clean in the bobbin area yourself). Not sure when I will get it back, but turn around is suppose to be pretty quick (I hope). I have another machine I use for quilting, but don't want to piece what I started on the other one.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I did "A Dandy" already, and am working on "A Beauty". I also did kind of what you did, but not using the freezer paper. I used the templates, and am sewing on the sewing line, it seems to be working well, but the corners do not look quite as good as the ones posted here!!! My sewing machine was not sounding happy, so I took it in for a good cleaning (electronic so you can only clean in the bobbin area yourself). Not sure when I will get it back, but turn around is suppose to be pretty quick (I hope). I have another machine I use for quilting, but don't want to piece what I started on the other one.
JeanieG-
I'm so sorry that your sewing machine is acting up.
I bet you'll be caught up very quickly.
Sewing on the sewing line does seem to be very accurate.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
JeanieG-
I'm so sorry that your sewing machine is acting up.
I bet you'll be caught up very quickly.
Sewing on the sewing line does seem to be very accurate.
Yes, I usually just use my 1/4" foot which is accurate if I move my needle to the right 1 click! A Dandy came out perfect that way. This one is taking a lot more time. I found out, like some of the others, that fussy cutting for this size block does use A LOT more fabric! Guess I'm going to be on the lookout for more pony fabric. I probably should have bought larger pieces when I saw them. I was thinking of the FWS quilt smaller pieces!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Yes, I usually just use my 1/4" foot which is accurate if I move my needle to the right 1 click! A Dandy came out perfect that way. This one is taking a lot more time. I found out, like some of the others, that fussy cutting for this size block does use A LOT more fabric! Guess I'm going to be on the lookout for more pony fabric. I probably should have bought larger pieces when I saw them. I was thinking of the FWS quilt smaller pieces!
I agree! I'm looking for more Fabric also! I hope that the other blocks don't use as much fab. I didn't do the FWS but I was thinking smaller pieces.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM

love these blocks, good colour choices, can't wait to see finished quilt
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM

Here are my blocks. I'm not happy with the background fabric of A Dandy. I might redo this block but I will wait till all blocks are ready and see how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails anaelabeauty-587-x-587-.jpg   anaeladandy-599-x-597-.jpg  
Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

I bet your A Beauty makes up for your disapointment with A Dandy!
So nice and spring-like!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
I made my first block before Christmas and like you did a double take when I saw your first block I purchased a Fat Quarter Bundle of this entire range, did you do that too?
It will be so much fun to see how our blocks turn out each week, I am also adding fabric from my stash that hopefully will complement what I have.
I only got the red paisley. I needed to add a little punch to my FWQ and that really filled the bill. I don't have an extensive stash and love sampler quilts so I've found that fat quarters give me a lot of variety and it's so easy to find a couple more every time I go to the LQS.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 PM

Thank you for the advice QuiltingNinaSue, I will see what I can do.Loving everyone's work. I have yet to tackle Y seams,wish me luck