Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree"

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree"

Old 01-19-2012, 07:27 PM

So sorry to hear about your daughter! Seizures are scary. I started having seizures, out of the blue, when I was 46. It blows you away when you have the first one.

I love your blocks...the fabrics for each are perfect for each.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 PM

I'm so sorry about your daughter & am praying for ya'll.
PS Great thinking about turning that apple tree!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

FryGuy ... I'm so sorry about your DD. Seeing a seizure is scary enough, worse when it's the first time and you really don't know what's happening. I didn't know what to do when my husband had his first one, or what was even happening. I hope you get some answers quickly, so that you are not in limbo too long as to the underlying cause.

Glad you got back to the sewing machine ... let it help give you some comfort thru all of this. Good idea on the tree turn. Like the FWS, some blocks look better on square/point and look like they don't belong in the squilt. And I like your Alabama too ... I always have smile when I see that white print in my stash!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Power Poster

fryguy--know all about the seizure angle! Oldest son had febrile seizure at about 15 months of age. Wouldn't you know his oldest daughter had the same (it was a stormy winter night when a scared young mom called me) and now this summer the youngest boy had one and another call to Gram. We just watch these two like a hawk when they have colds and fevers.
But you got a couple of great little blocks there despite the family concerns. Nothing like sewing to help take our minds off of problems we have no control over.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=oksewglad;4887530]Great blocks with great color combos! I too enjoy seeing "my" fabric in others blocks! mirabelle's used some of "my" fabrics in her FWS and she's a continent away too! Just wondering if there is more "western" fabric the further west one travels. I find more "farm" fabrics than "ranch" here in the Midwest.[/QUOTE

We just have really good tastes, I even used a few that Laurie had used in her FWS, the world really is getting smaller
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM

Fryguymoore ask lots of questions of your physician, our son had a seizure at age 24 and we were referred to a wonderful neurologist who did lots and lots of tests and DS was diagnosed with a rare form of epilepsy called reading epilepsy brought on my excessive reading. What does DS do - reads book after book. It is now controlled through medication and he has no side effects, no further seizures. Holds down a full time very stressful job in the sugar industry.
There are many many reasons for seizures, I wish you and your DD all the best and hope you find some answers soon.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks everyone. Carly was referred to a neurologist who is supposed to be great. Thankfully, her headache finally went away. Things are getting back to normal.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fryguymoore View Post
Thanks everyone. Carly was referred to a neurologist who is supposed to be great. Thankfully, her headache finally went away. Things are getting back to normal.
Good news that her headache has subsided. I do hope that the neurologist referral is for an immediate appointment ... and not one off in the distance. Time, can be of the essence in dealing with this. Good Luck to both of you, and Best Wishes to Carly!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by f[I
ryguymoore;4891702]Here are my week 2 blocks. I was right on schedule with these blocks and then my daughter(age 14) had a seizure. Having never witnessed a seizure before it freaked me lot. I spent most of the night saturday in the ER with her. I went fabric shopping yesterday and it wasn't even fun. I just feel like I need her near me. I should feel less freaked out soon...

Back to my blocks, in order to make the apple tree upright I had to make the block 6 inches, the pieces were very small that way and I am suprised it came out okay. The other block came out too big but there are no points on the edges so I don't care [/I]
Love your blocks. what a great idea to turn the apple tree. So cute and very well done.
I have aldready read that your daughter is feeling better, with no pain. Hope you can get some anwers from the doctor.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:01 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304998[/ATTACH]Ok, see if I can repeat this procedure again to post Alabama I have done...
Attached Thumbnails dscn0576.jpg