Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page

Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

JanRN ... You're so kind. I wasn't sure if there was enough contrast for the basket from the garden print behind it. Seems as though it isn't as noticable as perhaps it should be. One of those things that you think will be right ... and then see it differently after it is made.

CarrieM ... Great idea! Your Iowa and telephone blocks will make your quilts much more personal for you. Are you going to do the two as a matched pair? Or change the sashing/cornerstones?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 AM

I will be changing the sashing/cornerstones...one will have the red sashing w/green/gray combo. The other will be the same print as the red in navy...haven't decided on cornerstones for that one yet. I have 3 shades oranges...from rust to almost cream so maybe the lightest of those . The first half of the blocks I am making I am avoiding using the reds on the outside of the blocks and then will change to not so much blue on the outsides.

I am just planning to make the 90 blocks using 1/2 in each quilt since it is going on a built-in day bed in our living room and won't need a lot of extra fabric hanging down the back and ends. We'll see how that all turns out.

I bought a couple Farmer's Wife magazines on ebay and plan to copy and frame a couple covers for decor in my living room...might try to find a "pony club" advertisement to hang up too.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 AM

QuiltE...love your blocks.

Dubib...you are so creative with the substitutions. I see you got the book that they're using on the Story BOM. Have I missed your blocks? Must go look.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... It's going to be oh so nice!! What a good idea to frame up the covers! ... Another idea, copy and reduce them down, then print onto fabric for a block in your quilt. Or with the label? Wouldn't that be fun to find one with the PC advertisement?

Thanks
GGal .. with a name like yours, perhaps the Basket should be yours!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
QE I think those are my favorite of all your blocks. Really pretty with such great contrast.

Carriem, I didn't do Confounded Rose (QNS name for it LOL). I substituted a star block with dog print and called it Dog Star. If I find I don't like a block, I'm substituting another block and using fabric that wouldn't fit in some of the smaller pieces of the PC blocks. I've found some good 8" blocks on QuiltersCache.
I've passed on that block, too. HeeHee....love the new name for it.....pretty block, but a real bugger to make! And I started doing substitutes, but have decided to wait until I am all done with my blocks and then make what I need for subs, using colors I need to "fill in". I would also like to find a couple more "horsey" prints.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM

I just love how we are all makin' these quilts our own! They are gonna be great.

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE...love your blocks.

Dubib...you are so creative with the substitutions. I see you got the book that they're using on the Story BOM. Have I missed your blocks? Must go look.

I posted both my March & April blocks tagether. Post 43.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t178801-5.html
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Those are lovely blocks DublB ... and I saw GGal's Crystal Star, too!

I take it that the BOM is that you make "something" that is a variation of the 9P, HST etc. as assigned each month?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Those are lovely blocks DublB ... and I saw GGal's Crystal Star, too!

I take it that the BOM is that you make "something" that is a variation of the 9P, HST etc. as assigned each month?
Correct, QuiltE. Twelve inch blocks. First month was 9 patch, second half square trinangles, and this month we are doing pinwheels. Here is the link where we first got the info. Go to the first page. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5127326.

Or maybe this link. One is pictures and the other is the announcement.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t178802.html

Last edited by gardnergal970; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... I did look at it when it was first started, and kept saying to myself, Iamnotstartinganotherproject-Iamnotstartinganotherproject-Iamnotstartinganotherproject. I was tempted, but no ... I have more than enough on the go (says she who has been looking at piece of John Deere fabric today, and thinking about possibilities!!)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

QE-I like the background flowers to your basket block and basket fabric is spot on. BLING!! From a distance the blue looks like bandana fabric.
Carrie, I used the Iowa star in place of the Arizona star, and then found I had the AZ star fabrics cut and ready to sew so did both. LOL. Looking forward to see your 2 quilts when all is said and done.