Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 28 Miller's Daughter & Mountain Maze Discussion Page

Hilary--the pony club quilt is my first experience with pp'ing. The CD does include templates and even rotary cutting measurements for some of the blocks, so you do have options besides pp'ing. The ladies in this group are a GREAT help, so if you have a question on a certain block, look through that week's thread (both discussion and photo) and if you still need help, ask! Most of us are subscribed to the threads, so will get new posts and try to help.

Hilary I had never PP or used templats till I joined here. I do both quit well now & I do use Freezer Paper for both methods!
    Last edited by dublb; 07-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

~~~~~
    waves to all my PC and FWS friends!
    ~~~~~
    I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Oh it was so much fun ...
    Friday ... 4 shops
    Saturday ... 5 shops
    Today ... only 1 shop (no others open on Sunday) plus followed the Barn Quilt Trail!

Results: one huge tote bag stuffed to overflowing with fabrics and a few patterns.

Oh it was so much fun ... and I certainly did my part to help the economy!!

Hot as .....!!!!!!!!! Though my truck a/c made it quite comfy. Out of the truck? ... sometimes UGH!
    Wicked storm on my way home this afternoon ......... and not a drop here!

Yeehaww.... we have another CowGirl here in our midst!

Welcome HilaryK8!!!!!!

Yes please come and join us on one or both of the quilts. I too was like you and when I saw the FWS threads a year ago June, I just knew I HAD TO do the FWS, being that I was born and raised on a dairy farm, then became a Farm Wife, and did my part in the field and barn .... while of course, still doing all the household and office work for the farm. So I started much later than many and now have my quilt done and posted on the thread that
    OKSGlad posted for you.

Here's a link to the other FWS threads ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/f...res-b1689.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/f...ion-b1691.html

If you follow the threads, you will see that we posted our blocks in pairs. Because I was a late starter, often times I was the only one making blocks, as many of the ladies were already done. That didn't matter, as they still supported me along the way and came along with answers to problems I was having ..... and the ooohs and aaaahs for my blocks as I posted them. There were times that I know I would never have continued on, if it hadn't been for the support that I had here!

And please don't be shy about PPing, as I too was one who vehemently detested it when I started FWS and soon discovered what a good friend it was. It takes some patience and persistence, and then pretty soon, you're sold on it!!

As
    QNSue said, it's all about attitude, and there's no reason why you can't do it ... if you decide you want to!

So come and join us HilaryK8 ... we're glad to have you here with us!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Morning tea is served

We haven't had a get together in our virtual RV for some time, SO I made these on the weekend. I am calling them triple decker sincakes.. Chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, chocolate cup filled with marshmallow and frosting on top of that. I made these for a morning tea on the weekend, I left one behind for DH (have to keep him happy)
    Hope you enjoy, now who is bring the cappuccino
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

No morning coffee here ... but will gladly serve up some of my favourite teas ....... Secret Weapon, Alpine Punch or Enlgish Breakfast? Which would you prefer?

Those definitely would be triply sinful ... I'm surprised there wasn't a dusting of cocoa powder on top!

HilaryK8 ... I didn't leave this before, but if you go backwards in the list in this link, you will find all of the PC threads ....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-9.html

Far enough back and you'll find the FWS links too. I don't think anyone has done a consolidated list of the PC threads, as I left in the FWS links above.

Blog Entries
    OH OH sinfully delicious--have a bite. Thanks mirabelle.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hmmmm Nearly as good as marshmallows! QE I'll join ya w/some tea!
    Bev

Ok, glad to see Mirabell and QuiltE back on the trial of discussion; missed you guys this weekend as I spent the last two days or three in my sewing room pretending I was in the Virtual RV enjoying the cool air and spirit of all the pony club group. Yep. I moved along on PC blocks will try to finish Morning Star in the morning and post pictures.

Chains of love is back from the LA quilters...now to bind the quilt and finish the "Gone Fishing" design and quilt. Tomorrow I need to pick nectarines and tomatoes before it gets too hot. Have to turn the Quonset huts to move the turkeys and ducks. Now have guineas in two cages in the hen house...one group of 6 in the pent house, other 6 below then. Need to figure out how to built a light weight some cage they can grow in for six to eight weeks, so they will return to roost with the pullets.

Yes , Mirabelle, pass your good looking beauties that probably taste as good or better than they look!! I will bring my Cherry Coke Cola with me and enough to share... Hard to say what tomorrow will bring. May it be a good one for each of you all.

I played w/my Brother taday.
    Name:  Brother # 1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  Brother #9.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  54.1 KB
    I installed it into the cabinet I have for it. I took the old motor off o' it & put a new one on, one w/a foot controller. Cleaned all o' the lint out o' it & oiled it. I took the tension apart & cleaned that also. As I did all o' this I realized that the bobbin case from my Kenmore would fit this machine also. So I popped it in & it ran like a top! I still have ta git a new bobbin case & a cover plate.
    Bev

What a beautiful machine Bev, I wish I could find vintage machines over here, would love a Featherweight or similar. Enjoy
    Karen

QNS I miss my chat time also, I am hoping things quiet down for me now and I can get back to my normal routine. DH and I discussed a design wall in my sewing room today so heres hoping. Tomorrow I hope to get my PC blocks done and be organised again.

Hope you enjoyed the cupcakes
    Karen

I gained 5 pounds with 2 cupcakes...thanks, Mirabelle. They were truly good. Dudlb. neat machine.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to playing around with some of these blocks. Is everyone going in order or would it be cheating for me to try to start with the easier blocks?

Hilary--I just jump in with the blocks where the group is at once in a while...otherwise I jump around, so yes go ahead and start with some of the easier ones.

carrie

Hi HilaryK8, Welcome to our group...This quilt-Along is a do it at your own pace...I post the new blocks to be done every week on Tuesday evening in the order listed in the book. ...All the previous week's threads will always be available to post photos of your completed blocks...The only request that I have is that you not post photos of completed blocks not yet listed...Some of the members of our group started with the current week then continued to catch up with the blocks already posted....Start wherever you feel comfortable....Honchey

Blog Entries
    Yeah another rider! Great HilaryK8.

QNS--don't worry about the 5#--they're only virtual pounds!!

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Mirabelle...thanks for tea. Such a civilized custom for friends to share. I hope you get your design wall. It's a wonderful tool.
    QNSue...your fowls sound like fun and that you have quite a system for them. They will sure add to the dinner table and nothing tastes better than young birds raised on the ground.
    Dubib...what a machine! I've been following some of the threads on this board and am getting interested in finding a machine like the one I learned to sew on. I've let a couple slip through my fingers over the years but I wasn't quilting then.

MiraB ... oh yes, a design wall is a MUST. The bigger the better!! And even some little ones to move around too!!! When I made mine, I wondered if I was going in too far ... and would regret it. Not at all. One of the best quilting investments I've made ever. Since then, I've used the offcuts to make the portable ones too.

HilaryK8 ... as suggested, it's good to jump in and join us on the blocks we are doing for the week, then catch up on the others when you can. When I was doing the FWS, I did a lot of hopscotching and when I didn't feel like I challenge, I went ahead and did some of the easier ones. As Honchey mentioned, when we do this, we just just hold those blocks and post their pics, when their week comes up!

Evey time a block challenges me, I learn something new...I have put off 3 blocks for several weeks...even though others on the PC trail has nailed them so well. I keep looking at theirs, it encourages me to 'try'.

Yep, I was far behind and had to break into what had to be done, to do a few to keep up my commitment to PC. Counted ten blocks done to photograph, add to the computer to post...but still delaying on those 3 that are a bit scary to me. Pp 'tis not easy for me with one eye and adds to the challenge, but in the end I will forge ahead and do them. Ice Cream Bowl first, then Jewel, and Lucky Star. maybe.

I have worked out this week's blocks and next week's blocks, so no more excuses on delaying those 3 that should have been done.

Taking my FWQ to Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday to have a lady quilt it there; turnaround is 3-4 months.

Blog Entries
    QNS you do a wonderful job with your blocks--I struggle with 2 good eyes!
    Your LAQ must be good--that's a long turn around time. Hey I'm going to sew. DIL and I butchered chickens this morning; it's me time now.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hilary - I'm lookin' for ward ta seein' your new blocks!
    Bev

Mirabelle
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

OK - Ya'll are gonna be eattin' good!
    Bev

What I did today

I have papers cut out and measured for all of my PC blocks. Now I need to work on cutting fabrics and some other projects. I am making good progress on my PUPs.

Today I got this store sample together for the shop I work at. I used the new MM tessellating windmill ruler, not a Twister ruler. It was easy to cut and sew...I wasn't so sure when I was looking at the directions initially. The little pink rectangles are my "row" markers...forgot to take off before I took the picture and didn't feel like going back to the "clubhouse" to take another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love it....that green makes it pop!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast