Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 34 Old Indian Trail & Pansy Photo Page

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Or we could just make your block in your colors. But then there are Mirabells beautiful roses....a little challenging.
    That would be a bit chalengin'. I'm still excited about puttin' 'em on the back. I might even make a few o' the blocks that I didn't like in R, Cream & B but would look great scrappy on the back also. A reversible quilt!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

What a great idea to put them on the back and have a reversible quilt!

I think this will be great fun! I used to do a lot of card swaps, but I've never done a quilt block swap, so I am looking forward to it.

I think, if the ones indicated would indeed do a block for each of us, we are looking at 12 blocks to have one for each of us... 12 Iowa star (broken canoe) blocks or pansies...or American-Aussie rose blocks...or Missouri Dogwood or violets...how does that fit into everyone's tight schedule on the home stretch of the Pony Quilt..how would we distribute them around...one from each to each other...to use on the back side of the PC or make a special throw for ourselves...questions....anyone have suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    or we could just make your block in your colors. But then there are mirabells beautiful roses....a little challenging.
    :d
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    Karen

Maybe we could put the PC on hold for a couple of weeks to make these blocks and get them sent out so we could have them for the finishing portion. That would give about 2 months for all the blocks to get to their proper home and the recipient a chance to figure out just what she wants to do with them...whether a separate throw or the back of the PC quilt.

Mirabelle, we love your roses and wouldn't want to spoil your beautiful quilt for anything.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 09-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.

For distributing, would it be better to have them all sent to one person and then sorted and mailed out all together? It might save a little on postage this way? For the card swaps I hosted, we just included either postage (or money for it) that was the same as what it cost to send them in.

If someone is making a special block for someone (like a red, blue, cream one or pansy one) you could just label who it is for.

QNS, this was your idea, so if you want to have us send to you we could do that. Or I would be happy to collect, sort, re-package and mail back if you don't have space/time. I have hosted lots of swaps over the years and know it can be a big job, but my life is much calmer now that school has started again. I know lots of you have gardens, fields, animals, etc to tend to in the fall months so am happy to help if needed.

carrie

Go, CarrieM, if you have the experience which I do not...but I will be happy to assist in whatever I can. One correction, please, JeanieG suggested this because she loved her pansy block and thought all of them were so beautiful and I picked up on her thought. Everyone seemed to love the idea...bless you for stepping forward CarrieM.

Am I getting this right: we pick a block that represents us (our state, etc) and make 12 of them and send them to Carrie. When she gets them all, she will separate them into 12 stacks and mail them to all the others. I think the 8" finished would be great (Carrie suggested that), what do all the others think?
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Am I getting this right: we pick a block that represents us (our state, etc) and make 12 of them and send them to Carrie. When she gets them all, she will separate them into 12 stacks and mail them to all the others. I think the 8" finished would be great (Carrie suggested that), what do all the others think?
    I think ya got it. It seems ta me this what it evolved too. That is if all 12 o' us do it. This is gonna be great! Don't bother ta make mine in R. C. & B, but do tell me & I'll try ta do what colors ya'll want.
    Bev

Honchey--what are your thoughts on taking time "off" PC to work on these blocks? Would you rather us keep moving forward with new PC blocks and work on the "swap blocks" as we can?

Everyone--what are you thinking for a "due date"? Is the end of October enough time? That would be 2 months. Not sure on how long it will take for something to get from Australia to Iowa so don't want to rush Mirabelle.

Why don't you do this...send me a PM if you plan to participate with your name and email address. If you have certain colors you would like, include that info too. I will put a list together and include specifics (block size, number to make, where to send, etc) and send you an email with compiled info. Sound good??

Oh and I won't include emails in the compiled list (I will use BCC). I just don't use the QB PM very often so thought it would be easier to send to several at once by email.

carrie...who should be in bed!

Just let me know what everyone agrees to and I will do it. Will I be posting a weekly thread to keep us "in tune". I think I will call it the FWS PC Bonus blocks...what do you think
    Last edited by Honchey; 09-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.

I think we should continue with our PC blocks, and given the two months, we should be able to finish the blocks we make. Some people may have plans for the next few weeks (like me, who have our monthly campout coming up), and would not be able to devote the time to doing the Bonus Blocks. Especially QuiltE, who said she would be busy until the end of Sept. I think??? Can anyone remember? I have not really had time to decide even what I want to do yet! We may not have all of the blocks completed until November??? Any further ideas?
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I agree that we should wait until QuiltE is back to do the Bonus blocks.

Carrie, that's wonderful of you to volunteer to be the distributor. I'm sure our set of blocks would fit in a postal envelope so each one of us could send you what one of them would cost.

Carriem, thank you. I agree with Ggal to wait for QE; that would give everyone time to get the 12 blocks made. This sound like so much fun.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

With the riders that are camping in the virtual RV (doing other things right now) might we extend the PC ride past the finish date, and do the extended blocks then...at least, all those interested in doing so???? That would give them time to get caught up, and sign up, if they so desired...everyone has been wanting to extend into another project together...this might be the answer to ride a bit longer together. Thanks, JeanieG, for expressing the thought and CarrieM for stepping up with a plan....and Honchey willing to branch the ride into the extended project.

Ok Guys, Block 88 & 90 the last set is scheduled to be posted Nov. 13th, and like the last Journey we had a few weeks of catch-up for those of us that have alot on our plate...The Holidays..Thanksgiving & Christmas right after that...Sooooo, I am suggesting a start up date of January, 2013...This gives all of us participating time to choose the block, fabric, etc. I know some of you are up to date and want to start this project sooner so it coincides with the finish of this project... finishing the current project is at the top of the list...We will have a weekly update after the last posting for catch-up and then start the extended " FWS PC Bonus Blocks" January 1st, 2013. If Carriem still wants to volunteer for the receiving & swapping of the blocks that's great... This is not a final say....it's what I think is best for everyone.... I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade...Please let me know what you think...H.

Ladies--whatever is decided for a finish date is fine with me. If you get your blocks done before the January 1st date, feel free to send them to me (I have a shelf I can store them on) and if by chance I get them all early I will send them back early. Please still PM me your name/email if you are planning to participate and I will get a file started with everyone's info.

Out to "the clubhouse" to quilt.
    carrie

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Ok Guys, Block 88 & 90 the last set is scheduled to be posted Nov. 13th, and like the last Journey we had a few weeks of catch-up for those of us that have alot on our plate...The Holidays..Thanksgiving & Christmas right after that...Sooooo, I am suggesting a start up date of January, 2013...This gives all of us participating time to choose the block, fabric, etc. I know some of you are up to date and want to start this project sooner so it coincides with the finish of this project... finishing the current project is at the top of the list...We will have a weekly update after the last posting for catch-up and then start the extended " FWS PC Bonus Blocks" January 1st, 2013. If Carriem still wants to volunteer for the receiving & swapping of the blocks that's great... This is not a final say....it's what I think is best for everyone.... I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade...Please let me know what you think...H.
    Oh I really like this idea. This way everybody will have a chance ta plan & think about this. (I was thinkin' about QE not bein' available for several weeks when I woke up th'smornin'.) Maybe we can even talk Wendi inta joinin' us here.
    Bev

January would be great for me too! This will give more time for planning our blocks. Do you think this would best be scrappy - everyone doing what colors they want, or do you think that we should choose a colorway (that might get interesting).

I like your timetable, Anne. If I have too many projects going at once I kinda wander around in circles and don't work on any of them. I'd like to finish PC and most of Rosie before starting our Bonus Blocks.
    If we're voting on colors, I vote for scrappy but will go with whatever "yinz" decide.
    I like that we're going to hang out together some more after PC--this is the greatest group!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    January would be great for me too! This will give more time for planning our blocks. Do you think this would best be scrappy - everyone doing what colors they want, or do you think that we should choose a colorway (that might get interesting).
    I think the plan right now is if ya want a certain colorway tell Carrie & she'll let us know, other wise we need ta make 'em scrappy. Clear as mud?
    Bev

OK I am just catching up here...
    Carriem are you happy if I send you funds via Paypal to cover postage back to Australia??? If not I will have to have Aussie dollars converted to US and send cash.... Please let me know what you would prefer..
    Now someone just has to tell me what I am making, 12 x 8 inch blocks, what design, colour etc etc etc and I will get right on it
    I haven't made this weeks blocks yet, that's tomorrow job after DH leaves for work and I have a whole week to get myself organised. Yikes and only a week until retreat and I still haven't finished cutting the two quilts....
    Can we please keep coming up with ideas for our little group, I feel like we are getting ready for a farewell party

Will PM you Carriem with my e-mail and snail mail address...
    Karen

Karen--paypal funds will be just fine.

We are making 8" blocks.

Not sure yet how many...I will send a final count hopefully by mid-November as we are finishing up the regular PC blocks. My guess is we will need between 10 and 12. (I have heard from 4, 5 counting me so far with info.)

What block design and fabrics is up to you. If you want to do something that will remind us of your location, of you, or of our PC "ride" that would be great. If you want to make all your blocks the same that is fine or if you want to make certain blocks for certain people, that is good too...just be sure to label individual blocks.

Hope this is all making sense...if I missed something or you have another idea, let us know!

carrie

I don't like to go ahead with any project without getting the OK from Patrice. She suggested I keep the exchange blocks in these threads so when the time comes others outside our group of quilt-alongs won't be confused and think it's a new venture...just wanted to keep you informed...H.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast