Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 36 Pig's Tail & Ribbons Discussion Page

DD and I are just home from our retreat, very very tired but what fun we had. I am posting lots of photos for you to enjoy.
    Will post photos of our drive up the mountain as soon as DD has downloaded them from her phone.
    This is what we got up to on the weekend

Photos are
    1. A pic of the hall and lots of creativity going on
    2. Progress being made on the HST
    3. Have to have energy food
    4. Progress being made
    5. Ta da top finished
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

More photos
    On Saturday afternoon the mist rolled in and this was the view from the verandah of the hall.

Last but not least is the progress I made on my quilt

Karen

Great photos; makes us feel like we were there. Beautiful quilt; Wow!! Love the scenery too. Looking forward to seeing more. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, mirabelle. I can't imagine getting a quilt top that complicated pieced in two days. Did you sew on it as well as your DD? It's beautiful. I can't wait to see the purple one.
    The KT retreat was loads of fun. We had 21 of us. One from Maryland, one from Virginia, two from Missouri, two from Kansas...Laurie and her helper Lois, two from Iowa, Carrie and Crystal, one from Michican, 5 from Indiana and the rest were from Illinois. Threads of time is truely and destination quilt shop! Laurie was inspirational. She does such simple things that still look complicated. She uses raw edge appliqué with precuts and stacks fabrics rather than cutting and piecing. Her new book called Loose Change is coming out with her fall collection. It uses layer cakes, dimes, charms, nickels, and mini charms, pennies. Really creative. I'm looking forward to having it and working through more of my stash so between her and Bonnie Hunter I should be able to get rid of it, right? Wrong! I used my 20% birthday discount to stock up on the batting that I need to finish the quilts I've started but the next day I browsed the shop and got an armload of FQs. There are just sooo many beautiful new fabrics this fall.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a "great time was had by all". What fun to meet some of the PC riders and to share your love of quilting! Mbell thanks for the pics; like QNS said, felt like we were there! I love your quilt, too. Me I'm thinking miniature...

Yesterday was the local quilt auction. My little quilts sold well, one for $75 and the other $80. Not quite up in the league of the $3000 HQ king sized ones, but proportionately I think they did okay. Funds are going to rewamp the OB unit at the hospital.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Mirabelle--I agree with Ggal, you made GREAT progress on your quilt. The yellow really pops. What accent color are you using for the purple quilt?

I too got some good FQs to add to my stash. I am going to make a couple Christmas table toppers using the raw edge applique Lynne told us about this past weekend. We got a KT Christmas mini-charm pack (2 1/2" squares) from her and I was able to find a matching charm pack on the way home yesterday, oh and bought yardage for borders too, so have everything I need but backing. I did pretty good not buying too much even though we went to 10 shops in 3 days! Maybe I will win a new sewing machine (shop hop grand prize)...wishful thinking!!

I found a cute sewing box made from an old drawer for my dd for her birthday. Then got a couple FQs to match the fabric lining to put inside. I'll add some other sewing essentials she doesn't have yet (she'll be 11 in November). I'll get a couple pictures as I unpack before hiding it...I think it will be hard not to give it to her early.

Blog Entries
    Look forward to seeing your the sewing box drawer.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love all the 'eye' candy, CarrieM, of all the blocks you have posted today. It is nice to have postings to read again on this site...Friday and Saturday did not have much to read or see...love it when there are several postings to view. Makes my day a little brighter. I needed a break from the white ornamental peaches I am trying to work up, but I am soooo slow. Then on to the pears....and I thought having an orchard was a good idea back in 2005.

Turkey hens have now developed blue heads...lovely blue shade. I did not know they did that. Toms have red heads.

A little more eye candy for you...here is the sewing box/drawer and a few pictures of some of the FQs I got for myself and dd.

For the FQs in the last pic I got a little more of the stripe for binding and flower for border. Most have metallic gold.

Ohhh photos of those blue headed turkeys, please QNS!!! I don't envy you the fruit to process either. I did several batches of applesauce from our little apple trees bounty! Thank goodness it is a dwarf.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carrie, that drawer is awesome, I know your daughter will cherish it for a lifetime! I love the fabric you purchased - how fun, I bet you can't wait to use it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Lov your fabric choice, Carrie, and think that the drawer is a lovely gift!! (think I might wanta' keep it)

Ok, you be the judge:Name:  Yes,do I look Blue.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  67.0 KBIs that blue on his/her head?

Oh yes, I think it is blue!

Blog Entries
    Oh yes blue the softest shade of aqua
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carriem I am using yellow also, although mine is a bit darker. I am also using a mixture of creams for my background so my quilt will be not be as crisp as the blue and white.

I have photos to share of our drive up the mountain but will have to post them tomorrow as the file is too big and failed. Ds will be over tomorrow so will get him to shrink the files for me.
    Karen

GGal my DD and I worked so well together on the weekend, I sew the HST's while she sewed the little 4 inch blocks with the yellow strip. When she had finished them she started sewing the HST units in to the star blocks, and then we sewed the rows together her working from one end and me the other and then sew the two pieces together.

the final photo was taken as all the tables had been packed away, the floor vacuumed but we weren't budging until that top was completed.

This morning we sewed the final 2 borders on, 1 inch yellow and 4 inch blue border.
    Karen

Sounds lovely. Mirabelle. Love t see the photo of it. CarrieM, sounds like you really had your sewing machine in high gear, hope you show us more pictures, too.

Oksewglad, wonderful news about your mini-quilts in the auction. Wow!! the buyers won a great treasure for their monies well spent.

Very happy all the PC quilt retreat people had a good time. Hoping we hear more and see more photos.

I got home at 9:30 tanight from my retreat. We all got tagether & sewed 15 jellyrolls race quilts for Project Linus. We all also worked on our own quilts . I didn't work on PC blocks even though I brought 'em. Every body liked 'em. I gave Debbie a PC book o' her own! I did finish all the quiltin' on my nieces quilt. I hope ta git the bindin' on it this week. (I know, famous last words... ) I took my camera but forgot & didn't git a single pict. atall. I stopped in Bridgeport & visited one o' my BFF. I hadn't seen her in 6 yrs. That was awesome!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS--Yes that looks like blue to me.

Dublb--It sounds like you and your group made some GREAT progress this weekend!

Here is a picture of myself, Ggal, and Crystal...well actually 2. I thought I would include the further back one so you could see more of the quilts behind us. Crystal and I are in our "bum clothes" and Ggal was getting ready to go home for the night. It was soooo nice to meet Ggal in person and get to know her better. Maybe someday we can plan a retreat with Laurie Hird and show her all our FW and PC quilts. Plus meet each other IRL.

The quilts behind us are samples of the patterns in Lynne Hagmeier's new book...Loose Change. She is using the precuts and doing raw edge applique in most of them.

HOW FUN you all must have had a great time!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    QNS--Yes that looks like blue to me.

Dublb--It sounds like you and your group made some GREAT progress this weekend!

Here is a picture of myself, Ggal, and Crystal...well actually 2. I thought I would include the further back one so you could see more of the quilts behind us. Crystal and I are in our "bum clothes" and Ggal was getting ready to go home for the night. It was soooo nice to meet Ggal in person and get to know her better. Maybe someday we can plan a retreat with Laurie Hird and show her all our FW and PC quilts. Plus meet each other IRL.

The quilts behind us are samples of the patterns in Lynne Hagmeier's new book...Loose Change. She is using the precuts and doing raw edge applique in most of them.
    It was great fun! I've ordered the book Carrie mentioned and can't wait to try it with some of my scrappy stuff. I'll cut some FQs into the right sizes though before I'll experiment with precuts. Oh, my. Another project I hadn't planned on.

You must have had an awesome time--I can tell by the happy smiles on your faces!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Help!, I can't find the thread that has Oksewglad's instructions for Anael's Tulip...

Anne, check your email-I (think) I sent you the block from EQ7. I think LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast