Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along Wk 32 New Jersey & Norway Pine Discussion Page

I did already go there & see. Awesome display! Ya'll go & see.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Fly by post Ladies ... I'm sorry I haven't been able to be with you and keep up with what's been happening in the PC corral. And sadly I can;t even take the time to read the rest of the posts in this thread today

I promised to give pics of the tabletoppers I was working on, when done. Well, that didn't happen quite so fast. The display is all set up ... and this thread explains my whereabouts this last while and for the next bit too!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5456827

I do look forward to getting back in the saddle ...... but probably there won't be much time til October!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'll miss ya so much QE!!!! Have a great Expo & we'll be waitin' for ya.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Just a note about the alternate blocks I have posted. I just printed them up and funny thing is the first page of each block did not print the outer 1/4" seam allowances, but page 2 of each block did. So remember to allow the outer seam allowance. Don't know why it did that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

No problem oksewglad - we can add the 1/4 seam
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Just like a bad penny I show up again. I have 3 count them 3 maple leaf versions. I will make 3 separate posts for each one. The first is a standard 9P ML minus some seams. Again there is a PDF for PPAttachment 356894Attachment 356895

oksewglad,

Thank you very much for doing this. The Maple Leaves are great. I like the third version the best and will be using it in my quilt. Again,, many many thanks!

Blog Entries
    Janie, you are so welcome. I enjoy working in EQ and what fun it is to "gift" a block! I have just finished my Maple Leaf. I chose the second version of the block. I used a Canadian flag PP block as the model for the third block so no wonder why you like it! I have a "red" maple in my yard so choose a burgundy color for my block.Name:  PC Maple Leaf.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  817.4 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oksewglad - that turned out beautiful!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    For the frog block and this maple leaf I used tracing paper as my foundation paper and I love it. I buy it on a 40 sheet pad that I bought last fall on discount after the back to school shopping died down. *Note to self--in a couple of weeks check out the clearance aisle at Wmart. Anyway this paper is "Artist tracing paper". Sheets are 9 x 12. I just trimmed to 8 1/2" wide. My printer didn't care if it was 12" long. It's not as bulky as regular paper, but strong enough to sew through a couple of times (for those frog moments)
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Now that's purdy!
    Bev

OKSewglad: how do you "import" a block from another website into EQ? I have EQ7 and only know how to use the blocks in the Libraries or design my own. Would love to be able to import blocks and re-size them like you did.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    I'm opening up EQ right now. It's really easy, Jan. It wasn't until the PC that I realized that I could do it. For the actual blocks you have to scan them in on a flat bed scanner (Lucky for me I use ours for farm use so that's why I have one.) Then you save them as a photo (jpeg) to a file. I have mine in Pictures folder, then Quilting folder, then FWS and Pony Club folders as sub folders of Quilting. I name them as I save them ie PC 1 A Dandy. Your block "pictures" are now saved on your computer.
    Now go to EQ. I have projects titled FWS and Pony Club. On the top toolbar to the far right are the three buttons, image (green), block (gold), and quilt (red). Click on the image button. In the upper left hand corner is a scene button--putting your cursor on it, it says import image. Click on it and you will get a Pictures popup window. Find the file, say Pony Club, that has your block images in. Click on the block that you want to import--it shows up on the work area--then add to Sketchbook. Now you can use it in a quilt layout as I have done in my examples. The thing you have to remember when putting them in a quilt in Layer One is not to "Set Block", but to "Set Photo".
    Now if you want to use an image from something you copied and pasted into a picture file from an online source you of course don't need to scan it, just got to the picture file where it's located and import it from there. In both cases once the picture is imported from a file to EQ, the original stays in the original picture file as well.
    Good luck! My first FWS blocks I took pictures of not knowing I could do this-last night I scanned all my FWS blocks in and I can't wait to put both quilts onto my EQ quilts as I get the blocks finished. I haven't ventured into what else I can do with the image blocks, just know I like putting them into quilt layouts!! The size of the block in the quilt layout is determined by the size of block you you choose in your layout.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oksewglad - I have all my scanned blocks saved, I wonder if this will work in EQ5? I'll have to try it, thanks for the instructions.

Thank you, OK. Your instructions are clear and easier to follow than the manual. I'm going to work on getting my PC blocks loaded into EQ this week-end. Thanks again!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

And after you've done that Jan...let me know how easy it is. Anne

Blog Entries
    It sounds like there's another "technique" to learn here on the PC trail--you can do it, both of you. Jeanie I hope your EQ5 will let you too, not for sure though. The image icon on the tool bar is a green camera. One of the downsides is that the size of your scanner is the largest you can go so an 8 x 11" block is about the limit for the standard home scanner.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thanks, OksewGlad, for the instructions. My new printer will do legal and letter size which will help on scanning in things, I think. My Nikon Cool Pic broke the hinge on the bottom of the camera again; my third camera from Nikon to break that hinge. So I am relying on duck tape one more time...and took the photos and got them into site for this week and ready with next week's.

QNS - don't you just hate that when things break. I have had good luck with my Canon, if you thinking of changing brands!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm scanning in my Barbara Brackman blocks tonight and just remembered to tell you once scanned in, I crop off the seam allowances. Then when the blocks are put into my EQ quilt, it looks like the blocks are sewn in. I learned this the hard way!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow !!! Oksewglad thanks for the mini tutorial for EQ, I have EQ6 and have not yet figured it out. I was hoping son would figure it out for me but he left home
    My main problem is that I have no patience and don't spend enough time on the computer to learn it, same with my embroidery software.

Happy to hear from you QuiltE, come back reallll soon..
    Karen

Oksewglad, can you do this if the scanned blocks are already in the folder??? I just got Blockbase and loaded it and now I'm really confused...one of these days I'll get it all together.. H.

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about them scanned into a Pictures folder, Honchey? If so then go to line six Post# 87, "Now go to EQ" and follow directions from there.
    So you did get the Blockbase program. I thought about it, but decided not to part with $. Over the years I have collected several "block" books that if I see a block I like I just draw it.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oksewglad, I checked my EQ5 and it does not have the feature to import photos. It has a camera icon (not green) that the book said is to export snapshot. Maybe I should upgrade, but the program intimidates me somehow. I even have trouble deleting a line when I try to use it. I've gone through the tutorials a time or two, but don't use it enough to remember all the instructions.

Blog Entries
    Bummer that you can't import your blocks, especially since they are already scanned into your computer. I started out on EQ7 so can't compare the two. I do know the tutorials helped me when I started with the program. I do have a limited amount of experience with self taught desktop publishing as well.
    Have you gone through Rhonda's tutorials here on the board. They may help you become more familiar with the program.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t195158.html

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

For those who have lots of blocks saved, do you have any airplane blocks? My husband has a friend who is a pilot and he would like me to make a quilt for him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast